Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-01, 10:28

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default How do you reward yourself?

I was just reading the "how often do you cheat" thread and got to wondering how other people reward themselves (or plan to reward themselves) for reaching goals (little and big!). Here are a few of mine:

1. Bake a low-carb dessert - I don't usually make low-carb desserts because I try to avoid artificial sugars so this is a great "little" goal reward.
2. Workout clothes - does double duty because in order to actually wear the workout clothes, I have to work out!
3. Any clothes at all! I can't believe I'm starting to enjoy clothes shopping again.
4. Buy a full-length mirror - we don't have one. This is my reward for getting to goal weight.
5. Yoga - this is my reward for surviving the week.

I'd love to hear what other people do!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-01, 11:12

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

My reward will be the Atkins cruise to the Carribean in April - and all the new smaller sized clothes I will have to buy!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-01, 12:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: ???/???/???
BF:
Progress: 0%

My reward for hitting 239 will be a clothing binge. I'll have to buy new clothes anyway, because the ones I have now are already starting to hang on me. (Stretch jeans really shouldn't be baggy, should they?)
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-01, 12:57

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

My rewards:

1) every 10 lbs, a bottle of Opi Nail Polish .... love that stuff
2) those big goals, S-h-o-p-p-i-n-g. At 30 lbs I over did it.... Boyfriend is scared of what I might do at 50 It can be anything, perfume, clothing, SHOES! I will never reward myself with food. Figure if I'm going to have something I'm going to have it and deal with the consequences. I've been safe so far. whew.

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-01, 13:11

BF:

Nat - at 50 pounds, shop til you drop. Just remember to come home with lots of new lingerie... betcha he won't complain too much.

#6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-01, 13:18

BF:

*lol* he asked me the other day when he could start buying me that stuff!

I think i'll hold off on the clothing for a while... I'm an admitted clothing horse... 3 bedroom house and while I lived there alone I occupied every closet in the place Of course one can never have too many shoes

N
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-01, 13:30
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 321.5/205.5/175
BF:
Progress: 79%
Talking Rewards. . .

I unfortunately still reward myself with food (for major goals anyway). I got in the habit of doing it because if I ever cheated on my previous attempts I would instantly quit with double load of mega guilt with a side hopelessness. Since, I believe its impossible to never ever eat some of the things I used to love again, its important to prove to myself that I can get back on the wagon, and heck. . . after not having one for four months, an oreo blizzard is enough to make a grown man weep.

For minor goals I like to buy myself things (books, tae-kwon do gear etc.)

I keep trying to tell my friends that my rewards would seem more. . well. . .rewarding if they came from someone else. . .but. . . they aren't buying it.

Mike
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-01, 15:20

Stats: 292/271/160
BF:
Progress: 16%

I echo the clothing rewards ... that's a natural consequence to the loss of inches and great incentive .... don't even have to feel guilty about it!

I don't reward with food because it defeats the point -- I had allowed myself a peice of cake on my daughter's birthday -- and believe it or not, it wasnt' THAT good -- much too sweet! Besides that it put me into the "cravings" again for a few days.

No ... my big reward is a trip back to Guatemala to clime the mountain I was unable to this past summer. Minor goals -- doing something special, clothes, a day off, I especailly like the lingerie idea :-), and I've even been known to buy myself flowers.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-01, 15:23
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:

When I lost the first 50 pounds I bought jewellery. At 70 pounds, new clothing. I don't think of the stuff as rewards though, I think of them as physical markers for landmarks in my life.

Karen
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-01, 17:36

Stats: 300/248/130
BF:
Progress: 31%

Boy I really need to get my act together! I don't reward myself, or I haven't yet anyway. (BTW, I reached 40 lbs. lost today, WOOHOO!) I guess it just feels like the loss itself is the ultimate reward, seeing those numbers dropping, and my clothes getting looser. It sure wouldn't hurt though, to buy myself some pretties....lol.

Wendy
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-01, 19:22

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by wenderwomn
(BTW, I reached 40 lbs. lost today, WOOHOO

WTG Wendy!!! I think you deserve some pretties too

Nat
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-01, 12:53

Stats: 300/248/130
BF:
Progress: 31%

Thanks Nat! I'll tell my husband that you gave me permission to go shopping....LOL! Think he'll buy it?

Wendy
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-01, 13:05

BF:

I just thought of another way I reward myself. I have recently fallen into the CGI art world. Models, meshes and textures can be reeeeeeally expensive. I think I'm going to reward myself with a new model or mesh when I hit a certain weight.

Woohoo! I feel more motivated already!

In case you're interested, here are some samples of my work (kindly hosted by Awol's Poser Gallery, with permission)

Into the Light

Vara of the Canyons

1st Day of School

Between the software and the models and textures, we're talking a few hundred dollars I spent on these three pics alone. I can't afford clothes for myself.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 07:20

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Me love new clothes

All the years of shopping for others, or spending my time in the grocery stores buying carbs and more carbs.

Clothes is much more fun
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 07:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by wenderwomn
Thanks Nat! I'll tell my husband that you gave me permission to go shopping....LOL! Think he'll buy it?

If he doesnt tell him to come talk to me