Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-05, 10:28

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 231/212/185 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 41%
Talking Life is too short to cut out all i love LOL

Happy new year everyone.

I have add great success with low carbing did great when i was cought at 231 pounds and this really helped me get down to 194 pounds the first time in less then 6 months without virtually no cardio and minimun rehab weight training for lower back pains.

Second time around i went from 194 to 179 in record time 2 months this time with good training and cardio an hour and a half 6 times a week.

After that i was washed up, i am now back in the 198 pounds after bulking up a bit, people tell me i look good at that weight and not too skinny LOL, i havent gained that much bodyfat, and i will try to get closer to 190 pounds but with more complete diets.

My hair started thinning pertty much everywhere after my first and second time around and that for me is an after effect of this diet, this and dry skin.

At 32 and a half lol i just dont have the discipline to put myself true this diet again and instead of telling lies and pretending to be dieting, giving me one good week out of 6, i rather turn toward something else.

Since a lot of good studies are now being done on the benefit of whey protein, glutamine, and anti oxident, i will pursue that road.

I feel a lot better and more energized when my body is filled with glycogen, i just cant seem to shake the effect of ketosis, foggy, dizzy effect......

Well thats about it, of course this diet works, even better then all of them out there, but in the end i gotta call it quits cause its just not for me and doesnt fit my goals has of now.

Thanks everyone and hope that my before and after pictures can give people courage and proof that the diet done right will produce great results.

Happy new year and guess that i will some time try to post current pics of me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-05, 17:57

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

well, do what you think you must do. Ive been on maintainence for over a year now and find it very easy to follow myself. Good luck man.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-05, 23:37

Plan: In Transition
Stats: 256/180/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Ketosis has the same dizzy and fuzzy affect on me too. Ditto for the hair loss and dry skin. Discipline is also a problem. Always. Still, I'm too concerned about getting the high blood pressure back and other health issues that pre dated this WOE if I decided to switch back.

I'm happy you know what will work for you. I wish you all the best. Good luck.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 09:22
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Fortunately I've redefined love so I don't have to cut it out. *drool* low-carb trifle *drool*

Good luck with your new year!