Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 08:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/208/145 Female 5'5"
BF:Dunno!
Progress: 16%
Unhappy HELP! Getting desperate...

Hello All. I have had the pleasure of reading posts here, from time to time - courtesy of Google searches. I finally got it together and joined!
I have been doing Atkins on and off for over a year. I didn't have access to the book, only the website, and it turns out I was doing a whole heap of things wrong.
Finally got the book (though a 1992 version) and got on tract 8 weeks ago. 8 weeks of solid, strict adherance. Results - initial loss of roughly 13 pounds. I say roughly because of all the gendre based water retention - ie. being a woman and menstruating.

Then....nothing. Up and down between about 5 pounds. I thought it was raising my CCLL to 25. But I've been at 20 or less for 4 weeks now. NOTHING. At first I was still losing 'inches' (well, centimeters) and now....NOTHING. I am exercising 4 hours a week. I am cutting out ALL suspects, including caffiene, cheese (weep), and Splenda. And STiLL nothing.

At first the stix were still light pink. Lately, bare trace to naught. I just don't GET what is going on. I even tried taking thyroid meds, but these made me very, very irritable. And, seemed to make things worse.

I have no hidden carbs/sugars. I take no meds. I am taking vitamins. I have even tried NOT taking vitamins, in case they were to blame. I just don't know what to do anymore!! There are no doctors here who know or respect Atkins. I am convinced that Dr Atkins was describing my body exactly = hyperinsulinism, etc. People keep telling me to give up, or be patient, etc but IT'S NOT FAIR. Everyone else seems to SHED weight eating as I am now. WHAT"S WRONG!

Any advice welcome. Thanks for listening to my venting, if nothing else!

Zee
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 08:21
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Welcome to the forums Zee!

Could you post a couple of your daily menus? I'm sure some of us could take a look-see and try to help out.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 09:08
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

You might want to go check out the "Stall breaking tips" forum.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 10:23

Stats: 215/168/150 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 72%

have you tried using fit day????????

maybe there is something sneaking into your WOE that you are not aware of....just grasping at starws here, but keep coming here, there is a wealth of info and support here
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 11:33

Stats: 155/108/110 Female 64 inches
BF:33%/25%/22%
Progress: 104%

Hello, Zeebi!

The "Tips and Stalls" forum suggestion is a good one.

Are you exercising?

Are you drinking your water?

And what is this about "I tried taking thyroid meds"? Whose meds were they? Taking thyroid meds when you don't have a thyroid hormone deficiency is just plain dangerous--I am glad you stopped. Don't take any Rx meds not prescribed for you again! Pills (of any kind) are not your answer!

Yes, and keep coming back here...I have learnt plenty from this forum...I had read the book and thought I was doing Atkins properly, but when I came to this forum I found all kinds of helpful things, and people explained things in ways the book never did.

Hang in there

Lucy
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-04, 17:02

Stats: 220/208/145 Female 5'5"
BF:Dunno!
Progress: 16%

Thanks, all. I appreciate the support. I don't know if I qualify as a stall, since I didn't lose anything significant before STOPPING! But I shall check it out, nonetheless.
Yes to water and exercising. I live in a tropical country, so I drink LOADS of water.
Hope this was the right forum to post to! I'll be back....Z