Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 14:54

Plan: low carb
Stats: 204/198/140 Female 5"5
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Help need ideas on where to eat tonight

My family and i are going out to eat tonight and wanted to know if there are any reataurants that serve the low carb menues. Or what do some of you order when you go out to eat. Thanks a bunch..... Cynthia
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 15:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

You can't go wrong with steak or seafood and salad. Or ribs are good if you can stand going without the BBQ sauce (some sauces are very high carb).

Enjoy yourself!

judy
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 15:53

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 145/117/120 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress:

Sometimes I order a steak sandwich "without the sandwich" - just a small steak with a caesar salad or some veggies, if they have veggies I can eat. Or I'll order a caesar salad with either chicken strips (make sure they're unbreaded and specify no croutons with the salad) or shrimp. Those are two things you can get in most restaurants. A local restaurant where I live has just started serving eggs benedict with the eggs served on a bed of spinach instead of the usual English muffin. It's delicious, and I have it whenever I go there.

Karen D.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 18:55

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

TGI Fridays lc menu looks good in the commercials. I have not braved the crowds to try it. Need to get out on a weeknight.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 21:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/136.5/125 Female 5' 4"
BF:33.5%/23.4%/21.5%
Progress: 84%

We went out to dinner tonight to Texas Roadhouse. I had the house sirloin & the house salad with oil & vinegar dressing (no croutons)

I've found most places to be very accomodating. We went to Logan's steakhouse for lunch the other day & I got their deluxe grilled chicken sandwhich with no barbecue sauce, no bun & a side of mayo. I also ordered a salad. It was very good & the waiter was very nice with all the special requests.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 21:24

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%

Ruby Tuesdays has low carb meals--I also eat at Red Lobster and get the broiled or grilled items. YUM!! Just get the veggies instead of the potato and don't eat their yummy cheese biscuits!