Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 08:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/208/140 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Butcher, baker , candlestick maker!!

Well I am looking for the Baker! I know most of you are butchers! Ummm ,well I don't know why we need the candle stick maker for.....perhaps to make the candles for all those romantic dinners on our getting thin path..?

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has made their own lc wraps? I have found a few recipes here. Also one of them said 1.5 g carb for 1. I know that the store bought are about 6. I can't find the mission brand ones. The one I found is la fluerza de sabor. If you have made your own do you just bag them and refrigerate them? Which recepe do you use? It just sounds so much better to make them once a week and get less carbs.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 10:38

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

I use LaTortilla brand tortillas (mostly because they are the only ones I can find locally). They have both large and small sizes, and some of them come in different flavors (garlic & herb, etc.).

I eat about 1 or 2 a month, and when I get a package I take them out, put a sheet of waxed paper between them, and store them in the freezer. Makes it easier to get one out at a time.

As for what I put inside the wrap, well, it just depends on what I feel like......
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 11:03
Doctor Dirt

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagcaver
I eat about 1 or 2 a month, and when I get a package I take them out, put a sheet of waxed paper between them, and store them in the freezer. Makes it easier to get one out at a time.

WHAT a great idea!! I haven't been buying LC tortillas because I would only eat 1 or 2 a month and I was afraid that the rest would go to waste. This is wonderful! Thanks!!

Jeannie
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 11:46

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

I got a bunch of freebies from a local restaraunt.....LC, but they were switching brands. (Sorry, can't remember the brand or cab count) I did the same thing, separated and froze them. They've been in the freezer for about 4 months now and are fine.

I use them strictly as an occasional treat tho, not a regular food.