Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 06:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/201.8/179 Male 5ft 7inch
BF:Trying Again
Progress: 54%
Default Daughter 4th B-day (Recipes)

My Daughter is celebrating her 4th Birthday this Sunday and i don't want to cheat. I know there will be cake and chips all around the house and i will probably be tempted to sneak a bite. So i need everyones support in helping me find some good Snack recipes that i can eat without feeling guilty.

Brownies
Cookies
Cake

I like my bownies to be plain chocolate. No nuts or anything special, just a good ol' brownie. For cookies i like chocolate chip only. I'm not a fan of any othe type of cookie. For cake i like Chocolate and White cake.

I would like to atleast share a piece of cake at the party. So can everyone help me.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 06:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/134/130 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 86%

Try this link for a great almond flour cake.

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/recipes/recipe-cake01.html

It's just like real cake. I bought a bag of slivered almonds and ground them into flour in my blender. The cost of almond flour can be extremely expensive! As for frosting, I've seen some good recipes on the same website using cream cheese, sweetener, butter and cocoa powder. Although I haven't tried any yet. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 07:47
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

My 4 year old loves it when I make cheesecake. I think he prefers that to regular cake even. Another cake option is the minicarb cake mix by carb sense. Walmart carreis it. The carrot isn't good, but the chocolate is amazing with some cream cheese cocoa icing.

If you chck my gallery I made a cheesecake for my birthday this year with unsweetened carob chips. You could maybe use sugar free chocolate chips, or grate baking chocolate or sugar free chocolate in place of the chips. The cheesecake is great without any chocoalte added.