Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 20:38

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 255/225/220 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default New Person -Question: Food Matrix???

Hello,

I've had this site bookmarked for a couple of months. I guess it's time to say hello and start contributing. I'm a very controlled, 52 year old male, type 2 diabetic, HA1C 6.4 so guess I could do better (and will!). I only use glucophage morning and evening, strict healthy eating, vigorous exercise (highly recommend using http://www.readysetgofitness.com) and losing weight like a tortoise (if you know what I mean).

Question: Have any of you ever heard or had experience with Food Matrix
from Sportron? I've had some fella call, sending emails, and telling me this is the answer for diabetic control. Very leary about it, but then I like to have open mind. Anyone???? (web site: www.sportron.com)

It is always a pleasure to know some fellow diabetics, and help if I can. Right now, exercise is like insulin to me! It keeps me on the straight and narrow!

Regards!
Darrell D.
"Diabetic D"
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 15:19

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

From what I read on their website, it's simply a high potency multivitamin with added Chromium. It may help some, but it's certainly not a "cure" or "the answer to diabetes control" by any means. You can take their vitamins until you are blue in the face, but if don't do something about what you eat, they will have very little, if any, effect.
My opinion, of course....
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 09:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 139/137/120
BF:
Progress: 11%

We tried it and did not notice any differences in my mom's blood sugars. It is very expensive for a month's supply - about $100 - and I decided that we can get the same vitamins for a lesser price. Get a good multi-vitamin, add ALA and Pimrose per Bernstein, and we added "Glucobetic" which has many of the helpful herbs such as Gynema and Bitter Melon. We also added Fenugeek, Carsolic Acid, Chromium, Bilberry, Lutein, a multi-vitamin and probably a few others.

My mom went on low carb and with exercise, she was able to go off her medicine which was 2.5 Glyburide. She started with an H1ac of 14. Now she is 5.3, but that was before she was taken off her medicine.

Foodmatrix appears to be a multi-level marketing set-up, and must have high profits built in. We did not notice any change with it. The other stuff, however, seems to work.

My mom's blood sugars continue to drop as we work with her supplements - down from 130 to about 107 now in the morning. We hope to see her in the 90s soon.