Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 20:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%
Default Holy smokes!

LOL!!! We have movement on the scale!!!! After nearly a month and a half of nothing I dropped two lbs! I spent all last week stressing about lowering my cals and working out etc and so I decided that I would take the weekend off from calorie counting. Don't worry I didn't cheat or anything, I just didn't worry about calories. Anyway, I must have had nearly 3000 on friday (I luv the hot pork rinds ... ate a bag of em.... a big big bag) and then back down to about 1800 on sat and I went to the bars too so I had some drinks then today I didn't worry too much either, but I believe I was prolly around 1700. I even treated myself to the carb solutions penut butter and chocolate bar on Sat and today. Well, I went from 134.5 to 132.5. To make things even better I am having my girlie cycle right now and I usually retain about 3-7lbs of water so I prollyw ay even less. I'm so excited. So I have decided that I am going to stick to my exercise sched and not stress so much about my cals, that I really need more than less. Oh I almost forgot.... two people called me skinny!! That has never ever happened in my life, I am by no means skinny, but that means I must look thinner. Okay, sorry about babbling!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 21:03

Plan: low Carb..sim to atkins
Stats: 200/155/145 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 82%

My secret, I don't worry about calories and I weigh myself every 6 mos or so. I weighed myself the other day (on one of those evil clinic scales) and I was down 7 lbs from the last time I weighed myself (january) and I'm not even trying too hard anymore just eating maintance. Just stop paying so much attention.

p.s.- keep up the good work.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 21:07
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

Congrats! I know from experience how hard stalls, non-weightloss periods, whatever you want to call them, are. I am losing weight now after taking several months off, unintentionally, but off. I'm back on induction and at my lowest in 10 years.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 21:13

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

Wow! Congrats to the two of you on your weight loss, that is wonderful. Yeah I definately need to stop obsessing over the loss, when I know I'm losing a lb here or there I feel so much better about myself and when I went thru this stall it was like I was looking at a completely different person in the mirror. I am way too hard on myself and I really let it goto my head! It is rediculous. Seeing people like the two of you is so inspiring and is what made me hang in there instead of throwing in the towel. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the support.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 05:44

Plan: modified me
Stats: 274/258/199 Female 64
BF:don't want to know
Progress: 21%

Congrats on the movement.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 07:10

Stats: 150/150/125 Female 5'4"
BF:49/24/??
Progress: 0%

Don't count calories, I gave that up along time ago, if you count calories you probably won't be getting enough fat, remember this is not a low calorie / low fat diet. It took me about 5 - 6 weeks to get that out of my head, you have to retrain you thought to only think about carbs, let go of the rest, and the weight loss will follow.