Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 01:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/194/130 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Do you imagine yourself at your goal weight and does it excite you?

When I started on Atkins, I didn't really believe I could lose weight with this plan. Or maybe it was more like, I was afraid it wouldn't work for some reason. It just seemed too good of a fit for me.

But as the days turn into weeks and weeks turn into months, I get more and more excited by the prospect that it is working and I now believe I can be thin again.

I find myself visualizing what I will look like and what it will be like to go to the store and shop of regular racks...how good it feels when there's not a bunch of extra weight hanging off me...

Doesn't this just make you wanna dance a jig at the though of being thin and healthy? It does me.

Ok, I don't know if I'm high on bacon or what...but I feel good!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 01:18
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I anticipate the day I step on that scale and it says 145. Am I excited, NO, not yet anyways. I am happy to have lost alot of weight but I'm still feeling like, maybe I'll get there and still look fat.

I know it's mental and I'm working on correcting that thought but for now, it still feels so very far away.

I do want to shop for beautiful summer dresses and wear mini skirts again. I just fear hitting goal and not looking the way I hope I will look.

Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Glad to know your excited though. You're doing great.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 01:23

Stats: 225/194/130 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

You're going to look beautiful. Look at that face you have, girl! You're already gorgeous!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 01:40
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Aww Pugzely your so sweet. Thank you very much.

You've made my day!

Hugs!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 04:32

Plan: non strict Atkins - don't
Stats: 160/129/132 Female 63
BF:no idea
Progress: 111%

yes I do. I really need to lower my GW to 125. That is my new goal. You can do it.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 07:05

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

I do! I get very excited. I've never even been as small as I am now muchless at a normal body weight. I cannot wait to go shopping and buy clothes in a single digit size... my real goal.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 07:10

Stats: 245/200/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I'm not excited yet but with every pound lost and not re-gained I feel more excited about the fact that it will happen.
I lost 120 pounds several years ago eating low fat. I have a picture of myself taped to the fridge. It sounds corny but when I'm cruising the fridge for no reason, I look up and see what I'm aiming for.
Marcia
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 07:30

Plan: Jenny Craig
Stats: 240.4/194/165 Female 5'6" - large frame
BF:soft/round/cuddly
Progress: 62%

I do! I do! I do it all the time!! I'm so excited sometimes I could pee in my pants. I can see myself so clearly and sometimes it makes me very impatient. I'm living for that day that I look and the mirror and see what my mind already knows is there.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 07:41
I'm Losin' It

Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Progress: 0%

I started at the same weight as you. My goal weight may not be obtainable for me any more, but I'm going to try.

A few weeks ago I bought a pair of (used) jeans in size 14, and was so excited about it that I called my DD as I left the store

In December, if someone had told me that I could be wearing a 14 by May, I would have laughed.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 07:53
Registered Member

Stats: 213/168/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 62%

I didn't used to picture myself at my goal weight because I never actually thought I'd see it. Since starting Atkins in February I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. There is still a little part of me that's scared of never seeing it but I'm only 35lbs away. I mean, I never thought I'd see 175 again and here I am!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 07:57

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Yes, I really look forward to seeing my goal weight, especially as I approach my fifties. My husband is 5 years younger than me and I don't ever want him to feel that I am aging.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 08:20
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 185/175/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 20%
Unhappy Yeah.....but

My question is when I get there, will I be able to keep it off. Right now I'm really trying to make this a true WOL....and if it is that and not another diet, I know I have to take the focus off of being "thin" and getting to goal. Don't get me wrong...this is what I desire....but I guess what I'm trying to say is I want to develop the kind of discipline now that it takes to keep it off. The desire & discipline is a bit stronger now that I'm striving for 135 pds. but what happens when I get there. Will I be strong enough mentally to keep it off. My boss lost alot of weight and kept it off and she says she hasn't gained it back not because of discipline but because of fear of getting big again.
But to answer the question.....Yeah I'm excited to see myself....but most importantly I want to keep it off. It's like a part of me feels that it won't happen. I think because for the past couple of weeks, I've been real lazy.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 09:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Whole Foods Diet
Stats: 193/133.5/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 103%

Yes! I think visualization/ mental commitment is a great way to keep yourself focussed. There have been times when I've needed something to focus on (ie rather than watching the timer on a cardio machine) and I'll let my mind wander to what clothes I want to buy, how people will react who haven't seen me in a while, etc. Even at the times when I can't "see" it clearly, I can imagine a concept.

Brenda
  #14   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 10:48

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 143/119.2/95 Female 4'10.5"
BF:
Progress: 50%

All the time! I have a picture of myself and DH from about 5 years ago (the last time I was at my goal weight) sitting on my desk at work. When I need a little extra umph, I look at that picture.

One thing that I also like to do is go goal-weight-online-window-shopping. I find pictures of clothes from my favorite stores and store them onto my computer. That way I can pop open my imaginary wardrobe whenever I want and picture how cute I'm going to look in those clothes.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 10:55

Plan: Atkins/M&E/HCG
Stats: 233/186/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 64%

I don't picture myself. I have never been at my goal weight so I have no idea what I will look like. At this time I'm just looking forward to fitting into size 12. Never ever wore a size 12. So I make mini goals. It's going to be hard to deal with as I get smaller and smaller. I don't think I will believe it's really me. But I'm sure willing to try and make it me. lol

Deana