Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 06:56
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%
Default What's the Most Bizzare Diet You've Been On?

A few weeks ago when I was browsing for lo-carb books in a used book shop, seeing all the old diet books brought an extreme moment of deja-vu, surely I had owned these same books at one time. There were SO many different diet books.

What do you consider to be the most bizzare diet you have done in the past. For me I would have to say the "BOWL DIET" - it was very simple you could eat anything you wanted but it had to fit in a bowl- you could have 2 bowls (I think - it's hard to remember exactly) and you could not mix foods in the bowl - it had to be the same item in each bowl and no more than 2 different foods at 1 meal as this might stimulate your taste buds too much

Hows that for a ditzy diet
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 07:24

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Thumbs down ewwwww, the vegetable soup diet

A lot of people at my work are using this diet now and it is bringing back nasty memories. It sounded sane and nutritional when I read about it. You ate this homemade soup for every meal, with different things added on different days. I liked the sound because it would eliminate me having to choose what to eat, which before LC.. was my downfall. So, I cooked up a HUGE batch of this horrible tomato based soup. I kind of forgot that I am disgusted by cooked tomatoes. BLECHKKKKK... slimy little blobs!

So, I ate it for a day or so.. then froze the rest, thinking I would still do it. I finally threw out the frozen soup a couple of weeks ago (it had been in the freezer for over a year LOL) and even thawing it make me feel sick!

I love this WOE
Tracy
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 08:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/241/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default mine was cabbage soup

It was awful. I tried this almost 8yrs ago. Like Tracy I made a big batch it stunk up my whole house. I think I lasted a day. I sat down for a bowl at lunch and almost So that was the end of that. Funny thing is my mom did this soup diet (at about the same time)and did great on it. She lost alot of weight but wasn't able to maintain it though. To this day she talks about going back on it to lose. The thought of it makes me shudder!!!!

Ellen
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 08:07
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%
Default my soup ended up on the back porch

Yea that yeccky soup I luv soup - but after about the 3rd day I couldn't look at it - my fridge was packed so I put the huge pot of it out on the back porch to stay cold thinking that maybe I would be able to eat it again in a day or 2 now way - later I had to have it in the house to defrost it and flush it down the toilet in batches. I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat cabbage again
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 08:32

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

The cabbage diet - - boy was I hungry all the time - - gassy and I only lost like 3 lbs that week (which was purely water) that came back next week. Funny, I eat cabbage now and no gas....
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 08:41
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 353/237/225 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 91%

never tried the cabbage diet but... years ago when i was in highschool, i went on a diet that for the first three days all you had was, get readt..dehydrated liver capsules!! after that if i remember right you ate one meal a day and lived on those liver pills the rest. i lost a bunch of weight and probably screwed up my motablism even more.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 09:51

Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

The most bizarre thing I ever did was misunderstand CAD and think I could eat anything I wanted as long as I could eat it within one hour. I really had fun eating, but you can only imagine what happened! LOL
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 10:41
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Remember that mayo clinic diet that had nothing to do with the mayo clinic? You ate certain things for 3 days, 'normal' for one and then back to the diet. When it came to eating a can of tuna - no mayonnaise..... . I was done!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 10:58

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%

The Cabbage Soup Diet was a biggie for me too... not only was I sick of the soup but I still have a hard time handling fructose from all that fruit and bananas. Good thing we don't have to eat a lot of high fructose fruits now.

As a teen, we decided to try the 'Eat one item until you are so sick of it you'll never want it again' diet. Basically, we would pinpoint the bad foods and eat only that until we couldn't stand it anymore with the goal of ridding ourselves of cravings for that food for forever. On a particular Saturday we had ice cream day. 3 of us had shakes for breakfast, sundaes for morning snack, blizzards for lunch and so on. We even purchased a big 5 gallon tub to split. By the end of the day we were sick. We did the same the next weekend with pizza. As you can guess we accomplished nothing more than a huge increase in calories for those attempted days... and probably a little comic relief for our parents who were good sports and let us try it.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 11:28

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 190/184/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

That cabbage diet must have been huge! When I was a senior in high school (1996) all of my friends were on it for about a month - our houses all stunk and our parents hated us (more than usual) ... I think I was the first one to fall - followed closely by the rest of the crew. yuck!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 12:37

Stats: 172/164/150
BF:
Progress: 36%

hahahaha..just had to add..i tried the cabbage soup diet too. about a year ago and by the end of it (i lasted about 3 days, don't know how) i went to applebee's with my sister and gorged myself. ahh i was double fisting food at the restaurant then i wrote a poem and sent it to my aunt b/c she was the one who'd suggested it..i think i titled it 'the i will-never-eat-cabbage-soup-for-as-long-as-i-live diet'...i mean that's about all it did..make me sick to even think about cabbage soup..uke:
Hope
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 16:05

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Cool ugh

I'd have to say it was Susan Powter's, Stop The Insanity (no fat)diet. I was so blind, I actually believed I could eat as much as I wanted of anything as long as it was no-fat. So I'd lie there in front of the TV eating no-fat cookies, pretzels, bagels...

I hate her...

Donald
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 16:22

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

My weirdest one was the Hollywood diet where, at the beginning, you ate nothing but fruit.... and generally it was the SAME fruit all that day, like pineapple. Or kiwi. To this day, I don't really enjoy kiwi cos I bought a CASE of them.. LOL

I lost fast and regained just as fast
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 08:32

Plan: MOP
Stats: 169/159/135
BF:45%/42%/ 35%
Progress: 29%

I had the "Nine Day Wonder Diet."
It was a long time ago so I don't remember all the details. Certain foods on certain days and, I think, a two day fast in the middle. I did lose some weight but it wasn't something that anyone would want to continue.
Tried a cabbage soup diet from Woman's Weekly. Lasted three days. No way.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 14:33

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

blerk count me in for the soup diet too that was revolting

and the Susan Powter no fat one

and the Rosemary Connelys diet

and the "only cheese this day", then "only banana's this day" then the "only carrots this day" ones

oh the cottage cheese diet (its amazing that I still like it )

but the strangest one would have had to have been the bulimia I've lived with for 10 years - amazing stuff you can eat anything you want and throw it up and you don't gain any weight - hmmm it didn't quite work like that and now my metabolism is finally working again after all that abuse

*sigh* when I think what I have done to my body on the recommendations of friends, family and watching the WRONG people advertise their "diets".... but I just think how lucky I am now to have found this WOL and be enjoying it like I am

Fiona