Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 06:53

Plan: CAD
Stats: 200/201/182 Male 6' 2.5"
BF:
Progress:
Smile moved to CAB from Atkins & need help

Hi all, I have been on Atkins for over a year and lost 70 lbs. I have put back 14 lbs over xmass and can not lose it. So I have decided to give CAD a try, been on the diet one day. I have read the book and most of the threads on this site and have picked up some good tips.

one question I do have. The book states you can have lemon in your tea. Is this true, meaning tea at any time not just at CM or RM?

I also put on 1lb after weighing myself today (day two) and I recon it is due to the amount I eat last night, as my body is not used to a large meal, so I presume it will now even out as I have included that food weight (or am I talking nonsense?).
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 08:20

Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

Hi, I just wanted to say welcome to CAD Some people notice a few pound gain right after the switch, but it goes away quickly as your body adjusts. CAD has been awesome for me, it's the only time I've ever lost weight easily. Good Luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 10:04

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%

I don't have many tips, but I just wanted to say that I, too, have switched from Atkins to CAD. So you're not alone.

I don't know about the lemon, though.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 03:37

Stats: 200/201/182 Male 6' 2.5"
BF:
Progress:
Question Thanks for the support, but i do have 3 questions.

Thanks for the support, day two and I lost haft of the pound I put on yesterday. I do have few questions that I cannot find any answers to.
  • Can you have lemon juice in tea throughout the day.
  • What can you drink during the day, other than water, as I hate black coffee without any AS. And you cannot have soda (I think this is what you call diet coke etc) as thay all have AS.
  • Does anyone know what the carb level that is aimed for at the two CM’s.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 06:37

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

I actually do have an occasional Diet Rite. The AS don't effect me, but I do usually drink it with my meal. I don't have AS in between meals. In the orignal CAD book AS weren't limited, but some ppl have found that they trigger cravings. You really just have to find out for yourself if its a trigger for you or not?

How much lemon juice are you talking about? I guess it depends on the carb content.

The CM carb level is supposed to be 4 carbs or less per serving of the food choices. So the things that are safe for the CM are only 4 carbs or less. Its not neccesarily a certain number for the meal per say, its the carb levels of the veggies you choose. Like cauliflower is okay for a CM, but brocoli or carrots are not.

I hope this hellps, maybe some of the veteran CADers will come along

Good Luck!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 07:11

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hello

Welcome to CAD!

I don't have my book at home to be able to answer your lemon question. I know that it is mentioned in the original CAD book, something about putting lemon in tea, but I will have to go back into my book for you tomorrow and see exactly what it says. I don't like lemon in tea, so I didn't pay much attention to that part.

There isn't much of a selection of drinks available on CAD really, other than at the reward meal. I have my one coffee with milk and Splenda <15mins, in the morning usually. Occasionally I have black coffee or tea at other times during the day. But other than that, just water. Nothing else is totally 'safe' for me, since I did find that I couldn't have AS outside my reward meal at all, and still lose. I fought that hard, but finally had to cave in. Now, I find I am quite happy with all my water, I don't really even think about it anymore.

You don't have to worry about counting carbs in your CM's. All you have to do is stick to the list of allowed foods in the book. If you are unsure about a processed food, such as lunch meats or something like that, make sure it has less than 4 grams of carb per serving, then it is a safe CM food. Salad dressings and the like should be under 2grams per serving. But, those numbers don't mean you can start adding in ANYTHING that is under 4 grams of carb for a CM and still expect it to work. The food still has to be on the list, first and foremost.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I will try and get back to you tomorrow about your lemon question.

Enjoy CAD, it is a wonderful program.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 08:06
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

You can have a total of 2 tbsp. of lemon juice per day outside of RM.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 06:16

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default ahh, good

Thanks Zuleikaa, now I don't have to look it up