Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 13:47

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 249/ 199/175 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Dump the lot!.

At the moment I am back on induction 8 days and .am going by the book(Adkins) but I have a drawer full of l.c. bars which I ate at the rate of half a bar per day and which I realy enjoyed it has to be said!.Being back on induction and eating no l.c. products what so ever has allowed me to lose 4lbs so it has worked in breaking a stall, but I am not so sure I can go without my half bar fix indefinitly .Do they realy do as much harm as some members seem to think?,what has been other people's experence both good and bad-what I'm realy asking is do I have to bin the lot!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 13:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/155/145 Female 5'6"
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 79%

I have an Atkins bar about 1 time per week. I was eating them daily when I began induction and found I wasn't losing as much as I should. I stopped eating them and boom..weight came off. Unfortunately, I like the way that some of them taste, and I think that everyone needs something. I wouldn't eat half of one everyday, I would break it down to 1 or 2 times per week.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 14:10

Stats: 203/138/140 Female 65inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

I had gone from 203 down to about 153 in only 5 months. I wanted to get to 140. When I hit the 150s I started adding in those bars. Let me tell you that fast weight loss came to a screeching halt. It has taken me 5 months to lose only 15 more lbs. Those bars really slowed me down.

The only good thing about them is they are a tastey way to help with constipation.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 14:14

Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%

For me I think they may contribute but are not enough alone to cause a stall. The biggest cause of a stall for me is too many or too few calories and/or carbs. Someone on one of the threads was talking about Basal Metabolic rate as a guide to a range of calories to consume. I seem to need to stay above about 1500 and below about 2100 depending on my activities on a given day. If I do this and keep my carb count under about 25grams I can treat myself to an Endulge treat safely and still lose. The greater danger is that one Endulge can cause cravings and make me go over my carb and calorie limit.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 15:04

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

I ate the Atkins Advantage bars during induction and lost 12 pounds! Since they say they're legal on the atkins site I didn't know anything else but to try them. Learned later they can be big stallers for some people. The endulge candy treats are not marked ok for induction on the atkins site.

I had the peanut butter or coconut bars about 3 times a week in induction. Now I them so rarely you I could practically say I don't eat them at all. My sweet tooth is diminished to the extent I don't really even want the bars. If I'm on a long road trip or stuck on a plane, they're good for a meal replacement. Other than that, I can't say I really want them anymore.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 15:56

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

I have special treats for weekend: s/f chocolate, nuts lc beer and other things I don't eat during the week. Maybe you could regard them as your stash for weekends and limit the damage that way.