Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 22:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%
Exclamation OMG! As close to a cheat as you can get!

Well, I feel like I officially cheated today. Breakfast was fine, lunch was fine BUT after lunch is where it started. We were at a food court and ordered chicken wings and salads then I needed a cup of coffee. So, I went to Ben and Jerry's because I had a coupon for a B1G1 on coffee, when I was on my way over dh says jokingly "see if they have any LC ice cream". I laughed and said "Yeah right". Dammit if they didn't have some! Meanwhile as I was ordering the coffee, dh was yelling from across the food court for me to look at a sign that said LC Ice Cream. I got the coffee and made a conscious decision to get a dish if dh did. I had the chocolate and he had the chocolate and the other one.
After that we went to CVS and someone (I think Freckles) mentioned RS SF Peanut Butter eggs - so I looked for them and found them. I bought 2 and ate 1 as soon as we left the store. After we got home hours later, I had a Smores Carbwise bar after dinner!!! I NEVER EVER have more than 1 treat a day, if I have one at all. I can imagine what my weight will be tomorrow. UGH! First time I've cheated (strayed) since I started this WOE 10/10/03!

Just had to share my guilt!
Alli
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 22:35

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

Take a deep breath... I think you will be just fine. Your cheats were low carb and it's not like you ate a tub of sugary ice cream topped with cool whip and a bottle of magic shell. Tomorrow is a new day. I can't imagine that a low carb treat is going to set you back weeks although you might stall for a couple days.

Jenn
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 22:42

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

You were not that bad, you just had a sweet tooth day. Tomorrow you can be extra good to make up for it. Drink extra water and try not to be too hard on yourself. You are doing great!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 22:43

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

TOMMOROW IS another day and... you did choose low carb options... good luck
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 22:46
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

At least it wasn't REAL stuff. Yes, you might have consequences. (I'd be in the bathroom all night, myself!..lol) But, in the scheme of things, you can't change it now, anyway. All you can do is move on.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 23:25

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

I had a bad feeling about posting that! Anyway...I posted to your journal...but I wanted to reiterate...I like the term "making bad food choices" much better than "cheating"...especially in this case. Everything was lc...just get back on track tomorrow. You've done great and Elsah is right, it's likely that you won't gain any weight from this...but certainly not very much.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 00:18

Plan: portioned protein lowcarb
Stats: 240/182/189 Male 73
BF:
Progress: 114%

I wouldnt sweat it too much..
what are we talking.. 10.. 15 grams of extra carbs maybe? The LC ice cream I occasionally enjoy is only 2 grams per 4 oz. Im not sure what "RS SF Peanut Butter eggs" have but.. walgreens sells RS LC chocolate thats like .02 grams each.. You can hork down a whole bag of those and only total a gram or two.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 02:16
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I wouldn't sweat the weight. Instead give thanks the sugar alcohols from the treats didn't leave you running in a blind panic for the mall restroom or clearing out the food court with your gas
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 05:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

Considering where you were, you made very good choices!!! You ate the lc treats, and although you might have a sore tummy etc...at least they were lc treats and not the regulars...you will be just fine!!!!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 08:24

Plan: Atkins, keto
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 67.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Having a treat day now and then can actually jump start your weight loss. You have to shake your body up or it becomes too comfortable. And look at the bright side, you stayed low carb!

I find if I start indulging in low carb treats I never get satisfied - I just want more and more and more...that's not to say I don't ever have them, I do.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 10:08

Stats: 175/138/135 Female 5'7"
BF:I did it!
Progress: 93%

Had a low carb treat over the weekend that was heavenly, but it left me with some questions. I had a "Carb Smart" ice cream bar made by Klondike. It is sweetened with Splenda. On the front it says "5g net carbs per serving" but on the side panel it says "Total carbohydrate, 9g, dietary fiber 2g, sugars 5g and sugars alcohol 2g." Well, I thought you took the total carbohydrates (9g) minus the dietary fiber (2g) which should leave me with 7g. Where did they get the 5g from? And by-the-way, it was WONDERFUL--tastes just like the real Klondike bars.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 10:37

Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%

Well, no big blow outs lastnight LOL! I did have some major gas going on though, no pain with it. I didn't gain anything yet either. DH kept saying he felt bloated.

Shoer - you're supposed to also subtract the sugar alcohols to get net.

Alli ~made sure to do the exercises this morning