Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 06:56

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%
Default For those who did/did not gain when first switching....

The reason I am asking is b/c I haven't gained yet, and I was positive I would be one of those who went up a couple pounds. Is there anyone who initially didn't gain for like a week and then saw an increase, or am I pretty much in the clear (not that this would mean I would loosen up any, of course)? I've been very faithful to all the rules, but my carb choices at RM's have been things like whole wheat pasta, regular rolls from restaurants, chocolate, and last night's entire piece of Cheesecake. I was just so scared to step on the scale this morning, but then, it hadn't moved up at all. All I really wanted from this diet was to maintain my weight, feel free of cravings, and be able to eat more normally. So far it's given me everything I could have hoped for. And that almost freaks me out, like it's too good to be true and I will eventually "pay" for what I've been eating. Just out of curiousity's sake, I entered everything I ate the first day into Fitday. I consumed probably 200 more calories that day than normal (1550 total), and about 50 more carbs (105 total, 90 at RM alone). It just doesn't seem logical that I wouldn't explode from these increases. I know it must have to do with the "science" of the diet, but like I said before, it just seems too good to be true. I was very skeptical about how making the small changes to my earlier meals could really make that much a difference in the metabolism of my body, but so far, I'm convinced! Just wanted to share these initial thoughts. Feel free to comment on anything I've said here or share your own thoughts. Have a great Saturday!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 08:22
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

How long have you been on CAD? I'd say go for 2 weeks to give it a good chance, then see how you are doing. If you havn't gained, then celebrate and know you've found the right plan

Fo rme I didn't gain, but I didn't lose. It was more of a maintain thing.

Don't let it make you a bit cocky though where yous tart having things at CM, going over hour, or unbalancing your meal. It sounds like you may of found a good forumla fo ryour bvody, so use it
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 11:05

Plan: lowcarb hybrid
Stats: 185/150/144 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I never gained either. In fact I started losing right away. It's been six weeks now and I've lost about 4 pounds. This is lightning fast for me and I'm only 5 pounds from goal weight. I also love the way I feel on this plan- plenty of energy, no hungries, and the ability to eat pizza every once in a while and still be on plan!