Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 15:20

Plan: adkins
Stats: 190/180/149 Female 86
BF:
Progress:
Talking NEWBIE here

Hello,

I found this quite by accident, and looked pretty good.

I have been on Adkins since January and lost 10 pounds. I don't know if that's "normal" ....

I was on Adkins years before and did ok...but I was in an exercise club..This year, I have not the time to go to one. Too busy being a mom running to the kid's afterschool functions, such as Dance, tae kwon do, and violin lessons from Monday to Friday to join it again. Perhaps next year.

I am a mother of 3 daughters (6,9,11) and 2 dachshunds; I have a question: I love the RUSSELL Stoever Low carb chocolate, and wondered if I just eat "a little" each day (chocoalcholic here) , if that will influence my weight loss. I must have alittle piece at lunch, in the midst of my madhouse job! Is eating those low carb chocolate OK?

I see ENTENNAMANS also made a low carb "sweets" ..I haven't tried those but they sure look tempting.....

Thank You! Sandy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 15:29
California Dreamin

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/150/150 Female 5'8"
BF:too/darn/much
Progress: 100%

Hi Sandy,
Welcome to the forum!! Yes, its normal to lose the 10 pounds..The amt. of weight a person loses is dependent upon the individual...As far as the low carb chocolates...Be careful!! If you are doing Atkins induction strictly, he outlines the specific foods you can eat...If your in the OWL phase...its probably ok to have one piece every now and then, but a lot of people experience "stalls" with even the sugar-free sweets...Try it and maybe check to see if you are in ketosis..If so, I wouldn't worry too much about it!!
For the most part though, its better to eat foods that aren't processed..I went out and bought myself a low carb cookbook the other day..It has 500 rescipes and most of them are very low carb...Good luck to you, and again...WELCOME!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 15:36

Plan: adkins
Stats: 190/180/149 Female 86
BF:
Progress:

Thank you Christine...
I don't eat much process foods, other than those chocolates..they are SO GOOD!!
For lunch at work, I have a high protein drink....not much more time than that..but that's ok for me....

We eat a lot of steak, shrimp, and chicken wings...not bad diet......In fact I have to go check my ribs that I am making for dinner...straight from a low carb cookbook..Nice to meet you....(CUTE PIC!!) Hope to talk again!!!