Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 06:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%
Default McDonalds' is Scamming Low Carbers!

I went to McDonalds with my daughter yesterday to treat her to lunch..imagine my surprise and delight to see the new low carb meals offered! I ordered the beef one - what I got was one patty, 1 strip of bacon, two tomato slices (see through), some shredded lettuce and a piece of processed cheese - which isn't even allowed on Atkins....all this for the price of 4.99 and taxes.. I was extremely disgusted - it was exaclty the same as the topping on a quarter pounder for 2.00 more for the priveledge of a paper plate!!!

All of their low carb meals are simply toppings from either the beef burgers, the chicken grill sandwich or the egg mcmuffin...and a lot more expensive then buying the burger and throwing away the bun...what a scam...AND they couldn't even tell me for sure if the beef was pure with no fillers or seasonings.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 07:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/165/140 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 58%

Thanks for the heads up.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 15:50
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 159/132/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 113%

I Order The Quarter Pounder Or The Double Cheeseburger And Ask To Hold The Bun. I Have Yet To Be Charged Extra. They Serve It In The Box With A Fork. But I Also Get Very Funny Looks Too. Someday Everyone Will Come Around To Our Way Of Thinking, And Not Charge Us A Arm And A Leg For It.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 16:01

Plan: SBD
Stats: 200/191/180 Female 5ft 7inches
BF:watch it jiggle
Progress: 45%

Wow-

That sounds really crappy. It seems as though they're the last ones to come up with low carb options... and where I live they don't have low carb as an option. If I go, I usually get the breakfast stuff and toss the buns.

You know, a lot of people and corporations are gonna try and make a killing on this wave of low carb interest. Its just how the system works... whats worse is that WE pay it!! Hey, I'm the first to cave in for a $5 box of low carb cake mix, so Im guilty as well.

I can say tho- I was in Colorado Springs 2 weeks ago and the Avacado Low Carb Burger from Carls Junior WAS THE MOST FABULOUS that I've had on Atkins so far. I didn't gain weight while I was out there too- so maybe theirs have no fillers, I dunno. It was TOTALLY worth the cash and I only wish I could go once a week for more...

All I can say is support your faves and dump those loosers! ;-)

I'll be sure to skip it from now on- so thanks for sharing!