Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 07:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/190/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Anyone's flab sagging??

Hello - I was wondering if anyone had experienced any sagging of the skin/flab...since this WOE makes the weight come off so fast, it is a concern of mine....especially since I already have a little of this...does "working out" help?? Thanks....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 07:11

Stats: 264.0/146/139 Female 5' 6
BF:
Progress: 94%

Get those legs walking outside (or in the house) and carry small barbell weights in your hands while walking.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 10:08

Stats: 225/225/140 Female 5'4
BF:?
Progress: 0%

I'm sagging too--that's why I tried the body wrap--which actually did work, because my skin still feel wonderful--I think if you keep your skinn mousturized it will bouce back (pun intended) to some degree....but I plan to have a pouch removal if it doesn't!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 10:26

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

This WOE doesn't necessarily make the weight come off fast. A lot of people are slow losers for many different reasons, so don't be shocked if you don't see the weight drop off...there are a number of support forums on this board for folks with different problems that keep the weight loss slow. That being said, if you exercise regularly (remember, Dr A said it is "non-negotiable"), it will help keep you toned. You might want to go to the exercise forum and browse around to see what the participants have to say about their experiences. Your age and genetics will play a big role in how you "bounce back" into shape, but exercise will absolutely make a difference. Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 10:44

Stats: 203/138/140 Female 65inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

I have some saggyness in the tummy area that no amount of sit ups will do anything for. Any ideas to help that along?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 10:59
Doctor Dirt

Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

I'm losing really slowly, AND working out (weights, running, nordic-trak) at least 5 days a week, and I have no sagging. In fact (if I may brag, and I MUST!!) my husband told me yesterday that my breasts are getting VERY perky (NOT BAD for a D-cup 43-year old!).

I really feel that working out is important. I have a really busy life so I have to get up at 5 AM to work out -- which DOES suck, but it's worth it in the long run.

Jeannie
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 11:21

BF:

There was a thread about sagging stomachs (on women) about four months ago that generated a lot of posts. (The tread was started by a man, OBTW.) Anyway, the general concensus was that a tummy tuck was about the only way to get rid of the sag if diet and exercise didn't do it. Having children, genetics and age play a big role and no amount of situps, according to information posted by women who had asked personal trainers, was going to get rid of it. Go over to the exercise board and post the question and see what kind of responses you get now. Someone may have found the magic answer since the last time I read about it.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 11:48

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

I second what From VA said. The reason why there are so many women with the flap working their Behinds of and not getting anywhere, Is because after child Birth and after weight loss the muscles are either strechted too much that they cannot retract, or some of them even tear. That would result in having to get a tummy tuck with Muscle repair. I for one am in need for it, but honestly will probably never be able to afford it.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 11:57

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

mine sure sagged.. BAD. Had to have it all surgically removed. Looks much better now.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 12:04

BF:

Wow, Matt! You have come so far...and you look terrific! You are a walking posterboy for the LC WOL!