Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 14:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/191/160 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Entenmann's Carb Counting Cakes

Sorry I don't have more details, but I saw in the latest Shop-Rite flyer that on Tuesday, Feb 24, they will begin selling "Atkins Endorsed" Entenmann's Carb Counting Cakes. The ad says they have 8 to 9 grams of carbs per serving. The picture is very small, but it looks like it will be in a sky blue colored package. BTW, Shop-Rite is a major supermarket chain in the Greater NY area. Entenmann's is well known on the east coast.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 14:49
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Well, it will help people on OWL and those in maintenance when they want an occassional treat. Entermanns makes a good product. On the other hand, it's just a sign of jumping on the low carb bandwagon and replacing high carb junk with a lower carb replacement. While it will help many control weight, it won't help anyone lose it.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 15:47

Stats: 215/191/160 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I concur 100%. Cake should hardly be anyone's idea of "diet food".
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 06:37

Plan: adkins
Stats: 157.5/133.0/135 Female 5 5
BF:
Progress: 109%

then again, the low fat diets think that all that we eat on this plan is not "diet food" .

This would be good for those on maint/premaint and for
those who may have a party that involves cake and may want to offer a low carb option. its probably not
a good thing to be eating every day though.

sandy
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 08:15
Registered Member

Stats: 248/227/140 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Entemann's Low Carb?

Has anyone heard that my favorite baked goods company, Entemann's, is coming out with a low carb line? Being naturally suspicious of something so good being low carb, it makes me wonder. It was advertised as "coming soon" in a local gorcery store weekly advertisement this week.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 08:36

Plan: Atkins / OWL
Stats: 260/208/190 Male 71 in
BF:
Progress: 74%

If it's anything like most of the Low Carb products hitting the market, it will be the standard formula, but with sugars replaced with sugar alcohols.

Considering that SAs make most of us (a) extremely uncomfortable gastrically and (b) stall weight loss,
they'll probably be a worthless product.

Whoopie.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 08:42

Stats: 170/???/135 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

One thing to be aware of with shop bought baked goods is they tend to be full of hydrogenated oils...just like their regular counterparts.

The majority of Low carb writers all agree the evil trans fats should be avoided at all costs.

The lowcarb industry feel that just be lowering the carb content, all is well with the world. Not always so.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 08:38

Stats: 230/190/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Talking Entenmanns launches today

I was lucky to have been able to try a handful of the products being launched today. My dad works for the company, and brought me a few of them. Here is what you can expect in grocery stores today - a couple of these products are coming out tomorrow, but most today
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pound Cake - BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL
French Silk Crumb Cake - AMAZING!!!!
Blueberry Muffins
Chocolate Chip Nut Loaf - AWESOME!!!
Fudge Brownies - LOVE THEM!!!

All of these have either 8 or 9 NET carbs, but I dont know which because the ones I tasted had test labels without counts

I am so excited, because I ate my last slice of pound cake last night.

I swear this is the best low carb product ever - but as always with malitol, you cant go too crazy!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 09:27

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%

Where abouts in the US is this based? Will it be sent all across the countries and do you know what stores for now???

Thanks
Cindy
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 15:49

Stats: 230/190/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Entenmanns' base is Long Island, but is distributed throughout the northeast.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 16:01

Stats: 297/260/160 Female 5'7"
BF:53/52/25
Progress: 27%

i was in stop and shop yesterday and they had a display with the choco chip cookies and butter loaf..they looked good but the carb counts are too high for me (still on induction phase)..i looked at the label on ones of them and the first ingredient was malitol..
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 16:23

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Malitol...poot, poot, poot.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 15:21

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185.5/162/154 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

The products are labeled for maintenance, not weight loss. DH and I have been on maintenance since October. We tried the chocolate chip cookies and the pound cake. The cookies taste like the regular Entenmanns - I prefer my own but DH loved them. The pound cake was wonderful. Can't wait till June when the local strawberries are available. I'm going to pile them on a slice of pound cake and then add the whipped cream. If I'm going to low carb forever, and I am, I am going to treat myself now and then.

Barb

PS: I got 10 good size slices from the pound cake. The box says 9 carbs per slice with 8 slices.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 16:33

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

They will be a nice treat for those maintaining.

Unfortunately, any dessert item (low-carb, low-fat, whatever) triggers me and the next thing I know I am knee deep in the food.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 21:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/149/150
BF:13
Progress: 105%

They are also releasing a low carb breakfast muffin!!

The consumer is showing a great interest in healthy whole grains, low sugar and no carbohydrates," said Gary Prince, president of the U.S. bakery division. "There's been a move away from white bread. We applaud that move. It's positive for the industry even though that brand is large."

Atkins bread is just the start. Part of a licensing deal Weston signed with Atkins Nutritionals Inc. last fall, Weston has the North America exclusive rights for many baked goods.

This week, Weston introduced six categories of Entenmann's low-carb snacks and cakes, the company revealed yesterday. Initial U.S. sales have exceeded expectations, the company said, which could lead to more of the products in Canada.

The company said it's also developing a low-carb breakfast muffin under its Thomas brand.