Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 02:56

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default help me find the reasons

PLEASE, on why I should continue LCing....

I actually know the reasons, but am having such a hard time. I blew my carb count last Sunday and haven't gone back to Induction, like I had planned. I think the reason why is that last Sunday I weighed myself and I hadn't lost a single ounce--that's 16 days with no weight loss. I did, however, lose at least 5 inches, so I don't know why I got discouraged and depressed and fell off the wagon. I'm so disappointed in myself right now. I just seemed to have lost my impetus and need help in getting it back.

I had already decided to go back to Induction to try to trigger a weight loss. Now, I guess I reasoned that if I boosted my carbs for a day (which turned into a week!) that it could get me going with weight loss, but now of course I've probably gained. I only weigh at work and will be weighing Monday night.

How can I get my determination back???? I just feel like I don't have the energy--too much work to do all the food prep, etc. I also was feeling low energy and thought it was because of low carbs so that was a reason to boost them, too. But, actually, if anything I have LESS energy!!

I've tried re-reading my DANDR to remind me of the reasons to get back at it, but it's not working. I would really, really appreciate some words of encouragement and support right now. I knew this would be the best place for that.

Thank you in advance,

Nicole
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 07:29

BF:

After browsing the forum for a few hours, guzzling my water, I have had a complete turnaround in my thinking and am completely jazzed to get back to this WOL. I guess I was tired/discouraged and feeling low, but now back on track. I'm returning to Induction levels (starting about 8 hours ago) and hope that next Sunday night (weigh in) will be positive.

N.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 07:56

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 225/190/160 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 54%

Nicole,

Just read your post and 2nd one. Good for you! But I do understand your getting down. I too get discouraged. But I keep telling myself that it is not an overnight cure.
Once you blow it, it is hard at times to get back to it. But the beauty of thie wol, is that you can get back to it. So hang in there. It's worth it. I love this forum because I know that I am not alone in my thinking........
God Bless
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 11:15

BF:

Thought I'd update this thread that I started! I bounced back and forth on and off LCing then gave up totally and went back to binging, gained back all the weight I'd lost and tried WW again (half heartedly to be honest) for about 2 weeks and lost 4 lbs. Gained that back, too

Now for the good news....

I started back on Dec 1/03 and have stuck with it--not a single cheat day--for 2 months now and I have lost 23 lbs!!!! I just stuck it out thru my first 'stall' (2+ weeks) and for the first time EVER, on any eating plan, stayed with it!!!! I am very proud of myself for that

Nicole
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 14:14
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins (restart 1/5/04)
Stats: 198/185/145 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Nicole, you DESERVE to be proud. That's fantastic and we all know how hard sticking out a stall can be.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 14:35

Plan: was Atkins now SB
Stats: 200/197.5/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:42/42/23
Progress: 10%

Yeah! Good for you nicole.

I've been stuck for ages (10 weeks) and yes I've had my cheats. I've been good for the last month & I'm still waiting for the scale to budge and I know it will happen! it can be done!

Pascale