Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 14:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/220/198 Male 185 cm
BF:
Progress: 78%
Talking Reevaluation of goals

Hi all,

One of the things that I have found amazing about the whole weight loss process is how the amazingly unrealistic goals we set for ourselves actually become realistic. I was 300 pounds and set myself a dream goal of 220 pounds thinking that I would never really achieve it. Well I reached that this week and now realise that I still have a ways to go. I've adjusted my goal to 200 pounds now and will reevaluate when I get there.

I used to believe that it was too hard to lose weight...but it is amazing what you can do if you just stick at it. Atkins is fantastic for this as it is relatively easy to stick to...way easier than low fat...and it works!

These forums are great...I've been an avid reader for a while and thought I would share my experiences. Thanks to you all.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 14:51
Living Healthy

Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%

Welcome and congratulations on your amazing progress.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 15:18
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

That is wonderful ebs.. What an inspiration you are...
Keep it up
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 15:25
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

Congrats to you, ebsf! And glad you decided to join in on the fun of this forum, lol.

Today I was at a store and the clerk was eating an Atkins bar. I commented that I am low carbing, too, and he told me he used to weigh 450 pounds and had lost in the vicinity of 100 pounds on Atkins. Isn't it great?
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 15:44

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Initially, when I was pretty sure that this diet was safe, I was only doing this for the weightloss. I did not lose as much as I had planned but I learned so much about how our bodies work. I have made sense of this diet and I could do a very competent lecture on this subject. I have the ideal lipid profile. I have learned to make the best cheesecake ever. I only have 12 lbs to go. Life is grand! My husband does not do lc but he believes in it and understands it. My kids do not eat lo carb but they eat all my low carb food ( I don't know if I like that or not ). My mom used to hide her potato chips when my kids were around. I guess I wll have to hide my low carb fudge bars.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 16:33

Stats: 146/121.5/120 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 94%

That's wonderful! Thanks for sharing your story and contratulations!