Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 11:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/149/150
BF:13
Progress: 105%
Default McDonalds and Burger King announcing LC menu

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...annbsp7nbsp2004

(article is halfway down)

McDonald's Launches Test of Atkins-Like Suggestions

Some 650 McDonald's restaurants in the tri-state area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut have begun displaying posters and brochures advertising how the company's menu can meld with dieters on low-carbohydrate, low-fat regimens, The New York Times reports.

Consumers are advised to remove buns and some condiments to cut the carbs, though the company says the costs of these foods won't change. People on an Atkins-like diet, as another example, are encouraged to eat a double order of scrambled eggs for breakfast, the Times reports.

In other regions of the country, McDonald's outlets in some parts of California are promoting salads and low-fat sandwiches, while Houston-area restaurants are touting low-fat menu items and exercise suggestions, the newspaper says.

The nation's biggest fast-food chain isn't the only one jumping on the healthier diet bandwagon. In late December, Subway restaurants began offering a pair of Atkins-sanctioned, low-carb wraps. And the Times reports that Burger King plans
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 11:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Gawd, that's about the least McDonald's can do...

...tell us to throw away the bun and hold the ketchup.

Get a clue and let us order our burgers wrapped in lettuce or LC tortillas, fools!

Donald
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 11:29
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

I agree, Donald, but I think most McDonald's will hold the bun for you, so you don't actually have to go to the trouble of throwing it away yourself. Big hearted ole MickeyD, you know. (mind you, my theory is based on a study of one McDonald's visit back in August, but I've yet to find any restaurants that WON'T hold the bun....)

Frankly, I was more interested in the SARS part of the link:

Quote:
The man said his only contact with an animal before falling ill was catching a baby mouse in his bathtub by using chopsticks. He described himself as an environmentalist who opposes killing creatures, so he threw the mouse out a window.

They've got flying mice in China?

Kay