Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 20:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/145/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default Hey, My Mom is starting Atkins!

I went home for Christmas and found out that my brother is low-carbing. My mom was really interested in Atkins after asking us questions about it, and I just happened to have an extra Atkins for life book with me (I always misplace things, so I've got THREE copies) so I gave it to her. She spent the next two days reading it and underlining passages! She is really excited about starting induction and I'm excited for her. BTW, I of course gave her a link to this forum
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 20:52

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnarella
(I always misplace things, so I've got THREE copies)

Sydnarella, this sounds like me. My sister came to my house for a visit back in september and I was surprised to find out that she was lcing. Finally, after 45ish years we have something in common.

Black57
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 21:07
Registered Member

Stats: 219/214/165 Female 70 inches
BF:34.4/34.4/20
Progress: 9%

My mom started Atkins about a month after I did. She is 62 and attributed her energy rollercoaster to age and hormones. She is like a new person now, and over 35 lbs lighter! It has been great to have someone to share this WOE with and so much easier for family get-togethers!
CAtherine
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 21:20

Stats: 160/127/125 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:30%/28.7%/??
Progress: 94%

Isn't it great?! My parents both started Atkins after I did. It makes it so much more fun. And it certainly makes family gatherings much easier.

I also gave my mom the link to this site- so if you're reading this... HI MOM!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 21:45

Plan: VSG Post Op/ Low Carb
Stats: 521/235.4/230 Male 5ft 10"
BF:dropping
Progress: 98%

My mom started atkins now its been about a month and 4 weeks now. At the last weigh in she had, she had lost 30 pounds, I am a stickler when it comes to diets, I always try to be so exact and to the Tee. So naturally when I went home i was expecting her to be doing her own impovisions and stuff, but she was cool. I was so proud of her, she wants to lose 100 lbs. I am sooo soooo happy. I know that it is hard for her though, because my dad is about 5'-7" and about 145 lbs. and he works in construction. and he has the metabolism that will make you want to slap him for it. Yet she is still hanging in there, and doing it. She was saying how proud of me she is and how she wants me to hang in there, I am proud of her, and only hope that as i get older and better, i can have the same strength, focus, and courage that she has.
Oh yea, I know that she ate a spoonful of bannanna pudding over christmas and a slice of sweet potato pie over thanksgiving, but then she got right back on there.

Tell your mom that we are rooting for her

JT
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 01:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

My dad was susposed to start Atkins but then he took off for Mexico for 2 months and sends me e-mails about margerittas on the beach and all the great sweets in the shops on his walks. So I am guessing he has not started yet. I guess when he gets back he will start. His blood sugars are really high as well as his blood pressure.
angie