Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 18:44
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/181.5/175 Male 5 7
BF:
Progress: 95%
Default do cheaters prosper?

I ate bread for the first time in months, yams stuffing and mashed potatoes, all that I could eat. Ok I hadn't cheated on thanksgiving and hadn't purposely cheated in months so I felt bad and was prepared to face the concequences, especially since I had been in a stall anyway. I was SHOCKED when I stepped on the scale the NEXT DAY and I had lost 2 lb. I just don't get this one! I mean I know that people cheat to break stalls but I probably had more carbs in one day that I should have had in a month. Is there a logical exsplination or should I not look a gift horse in the mouth?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 19:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/163.5/130 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 60%

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! My DH and I stay at around 20 a day, but once or twice a week we raise it to 30, and the weight keeps coming off. Haven't stalled yet.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 19:50

Plan: LC
Stats: 200/000/000 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 100%

Well....it's happen to me too....BUTwait and see...it always creap back on me :-)....So After I always try to be "good"...with almost no-carb mostly fat...then Im back on trak and its fine....GoodLuck
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 08:48
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/181.5/175 Male 5 7
BF:
Progress: 95%

I should also mention that I lost 2 more pounds after the first two!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 14:27

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

Hi bigdaddi,
Congrats on your loss. I wonder if it wasn't so much that you cheated and it made you lose, but that you ate a nice really big meal. What I am getting at is that sometimes I have found I cut back too much on calories and carbs wanting to lose weight and that just slows me down. Then I'll go out to Ryan's for dinner (all you can eat steak, bbq, and salad bar) and eat lc but like a pig and I'll lose weight the next day. Drives dh crazy! My reasoning is that without even realizing it, I may have cut back too much causing my body to hold on thinking a famine is going on and then when I really pig out but on legal lc stuff I lose a lot fast because my body says ok, no famine or distress so lets dump this extra fat! Don't know if it is true or not but that has happened several times for me. Whatever the reason for your loss YEAH and enjoy it.
Marie
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 16:13
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I got the same feeling when I started CAD.... After the first initial water gain, the weight started coming off at the rate of a half-pound a DAY, on MANY more carbs than I was on Atkins. I had to cut back down to 20-30 grams a day, and still had trouble losing, after great success at first. On CAD, I estimate my daily carbs were in the 100-150 gram range, and I started losing faster!

My personal theory is that your body needs something to "shake it up" once in a while.