Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 15:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/165/135 Female 5ft4
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default vewy vewy fwustwated

hey all you fellow atkins buddies. here's the scoop.

the last week in march 2003 i began atkins and have since lost forty pounds. and kept it off, i might add. my problem is is that i still have 20 to loose. before i say ANYTHING, i would like to point out i am sold on atkins and don't want to do any other diet. but recently i tried induction (previously i had just been maintaining my weight at 160 eating between 40-50 carbs daily) at 20 grams with lots of water. surprisingly, though i was never hungry, which i know is a GOOD thing, and i ate lots of protein and fat with veggies as well. i was losing a little but had such a greasy feeling in the pit of my stomach i couldn't stomach any more fat. this was just a few days ago, and i was losing about a pound every other day, so i'm not complaining about that, but i just, surprisingly enough, didn't like the way my stomach felt this time around.i felt nauseous(sp?) and uncomfortable for the first time ever on atkins.

i just have 20 pounds to loose. anyone have any ideas on exercise as well?on how to get out of a rut? i'm having such a hard time just getting into the gym...my mother says that i could get it off quickly with just walking...any advice or threads someone could point too--personal expierences? i'd greatly appreciate it. i am SICK of this twenty pounds just hanging there....thanks guys...i'm just in a rut...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 15:53

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

You could try 4 or 5 days on Stillmans (meat, eggs, fish, only, no carbs, no fat, no veggies). I would kick start the weight loss and then you could go back onto Atkins induction to continue back on track. You could try changing your fats. maybe olive oil on salad and less animal fats might help?
Good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 16:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 201/165.8/145 Female 5'9 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

I also had similiar experiences with nausea from fats during induction. I found that if something was oily or heavy it gave me that queazy feeling. I still ate fat, just not the icky kind. Are you taking omega 3 vitamins or flaxseed capsules? This is a great way to up your fat without actually eating it!

On exercise, walking is a great way to kick start your metabolism (if you haven't been exercising already). Go for short walks outside or try the walk fit (i think that's what there called) videos. Any low impact video is also good. If you really want to accelerate your progress, try weight lifting! You might not see the pounds drop quickly (because you'll be building long, lean sculpted muscles) but you'll definately see the inches lost and feel a big difference in your clothing. Muscles take up less space in your body than fat, put a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat.

I hope this helps you a bit! Congrats on the 40# weight loss!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 18:28

BF:

thanks guys. no, i haven't been taking vitamens because i ran out and used that as an excuse not to take them so i guess i'll have to go get some more. yeah, i love weightlifting, i used to do it...i guess i could try that again, i just am in a major rut...but thanks so much for all your help...
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 18:31

BF:

yeah...that's true about the vitamens...i forgot about that...
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 20:39

BF:

determine3, what low impact videos did you use? i have used the firm on and off for years, but i don't like all the up and down on the step up box. it hurts my shins. have you tried tae bo, and if so, what did you think of it??

oh, and i forgot about stillman's. i never thought of that...and i'll go and get my vitamens. as i said earlier i forgot that they helped with fat