Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 00:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/226/150 Female 5'6"
BF:Way too much!!
Progress: 38%
Talking What A Find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to seem so excited, but when a girl from Rural Smalltown USA finds BREAD, It IS EXCITING. I was as I have everytime I shop, looking for WHOLE PLAIN YOGART. None. I asked the nearby stockboy who politely said he would check in the back. Came out and said, "Sure, Blue Bunny makes a plain one". They do, but not whole. He tried explaining to me the all of them are some sort of less fat or fat free, that's what makes it yogart. I couldn't argue, but told him I was on Atkins and looking for higher fat and lower carbs. He told me his Mom and her entire office were on atkins. Asked me how I liked the frozen bread. WHAT?, BREAD?, ATKINS BREAD??, HERE???!!! Yes mam, I'll show you. I could have kissed that boy. He told me they would be stocking more items due to high demand for Atkins products. I BOUGHT TWO BEAUTIFUL ADKINS FROZEN BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a gal who hasn't had one crumb of bread since September, this is MAJOR FIND. I just made atkins friendly french toast with bacon. Life is so GOOD!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 00:59

Stats: 285.4/278.2/170 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 6%

MayMay...

If you can manage to find Nature's Own 7 Carb Bread (net 5 carbs), you'll feed the Atkins bread to the dogs!

I noticed you're in southern Louisianna...try Winn Dixie, Publix, or Super WalMart.

Trust me on this!

Sherry

Last edited by 60sChild : Sun, Nov-23-03 at 01:01.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 01:26

Thanks 60, will check it out. It's just so hard to find things here. You really gotta hunt. We do have Winn Dixies and SuperWalmart. THANKS AGAIN!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 08:45
Registered Member

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 150/145/110 Female 4'11"
BF:29%/29%/22%
Progress: 13%

Wait I never even thought of checking the frozen wal-mart. Once I get off induction i'm definately trying to hunt that down. Thanks!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 10:09
Registered Member

Stats: 156/140/110 Female 5.6 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi May May. I know you can make yogurt from cream at you home and saving a lot of $$$$. I have the recipe at home so I will post it later.

I remember you buy any unflavored yougurt and add a tablespoon or two to the cream ( I can't remeber the amounts) you leave it at room temperature for some hours and you have your yougurt. Depending on your level, you may add stevia and strawberries or other low carb fruit.

Yogurt is so good with curry and lemon as a salad dressing. Plus the health benefits!!!

I' ll post the recipe as soon as I get home and I hope you enjoy it.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 10:17
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I just bought an electric yogurt maker to try with that new low carb milk. Everytime I've tried to make yogurt on my own it's just come out bad. I'm still waiting for the maker in the mail.

The superwalmart here has just put in a large LC section that includes sauces, bake mixes, and so on. And they have a ton of new LC icecreams. No bread or bread products yet unfortunetly. I did find LC tortillas at the local albertson's finally though. Now If I could just find a frozen premade cheesecake i would be a happy kid.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 11:53

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

I use the Nature's Own low carb bread. It's much cheaper than the Atkins bread, comes fresh, not frozen, and texturally is no different from "regular" bread. Makes life simpler. I can now get one type of bread for me and my teenage sons. Packing a sandwich for lunch now and then is a wonderful treat.

I get the bread at Publix or WalMart. Both stores are beginning to carry more and more LC friendly foods.

Joan
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 13:13
Registered Member

Stats: 156/140/110 Female 5.6 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi MayMay, here are the recipes and link to some tips on making yogurt. The recipe is not mine, my aunt emailed tome a while ago and she can;t remember where she go it from. Bye

Homemade Yogurt
The stuff I made is so
creamy and doesn't have a lot of bite. I use 3 1/2 cups of
heavy cream, warm it to about 120 degrees, add a couple
rounded tablespoons of Dannon plain yogurt (starter) and
pour into your yogurt maker cups, process for about 8-10
hours. The more starter you add and the longer you process
yogurt, the "bitier" it will be. I like mine mild

If you don't have a yogurt maker, try any of these great
ideas,
http://homecooking.about.com/librar...ve/bldairy9.htm
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 15:20

Thanks to all for the tips. Will check them out. Oh, Eveee, love the picture. Too cute. Thanks again all!!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 22:36

Stats: 285.4/278.2/170 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 6%

MayMay...

Publix carries Stoneyfield Organic Whole Milk Yoghurt...everyone says it's the best...something about alot more active cultures than Dannon Plain Yoghurt. Note, however, that the Stoneyfield's texture is ALOT different than what you're used to in yoghurt...after you stir the layer of cream down, it gets sort of thin and gooey...sort of like pancake batter.

I don't know how long you've been lc'ing, but if I can help you, don't hesitate to ding me!

By the way, your message box is full...

Sherry
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 12:30

Plan: lc plan
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 0'0
BF:
Progress: 86%

superwalmart, or sav-a-center might be a good choices to find things. we are moving back to old jefferson this december, what part of southern louisiana are you in?
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 12:40

Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

There is also a good bread (pretty easy to find) called Healthy Life. It has 7 usable carb grams, 40 calories,1 gram fiber, No trans-fats. Tastes better and much cheaper than Atkins!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 22:50

Plan: proteinpower
Stats: 123/122/121
BF:
Progress:

anyone in the west? Low carb emporium breaad beats them all!! and at 1g carb per slice!!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 17:46
RockerChik

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

Hi. Here in NY, I recently stumbled upon an incredible organic Flax seed/whole wheat bread - 4 carbs per slice. It's made by THE BAKER. It's about $3.00 a loaf, soft, fresh and delicious. Makes for an incredible grilled cheese and just about anything else yoo can do with bread. It totally rocks.