Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 20:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 258/214/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile This is it.....

This is my first day on the low carb forum. Don't know too much to say yet. I just bought the Atkins for Life book, but have been low carbing it since November 3. I started on the 3-day diet and with the help of a co-worker did Atkins on the 4 days that I was off. I've been on this cycle, but am thinking about going totally Atkins.

I'm a carb addict....I almost gave in today when a student of mine asked me if I wanted some Mrs. Field's cookies. I know I'm in ketosis, because it was just a mental desire and not physical. I was able to say no, but the memory of how good cookies taste was overwhelming and how comforting the flavors are. Oh well, I made it through.....

I think I'm really going to enjoy this forum, and look forward to hearing from anyone who wants to be an encouraging buddy.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 20:43
Living Healthy

Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%
Talking

Hey, welcome to the forum. I've been on Atkins since May 16--a little over 6 months. One thing I can tell you is that sugar now gags me. I teach also, and we had a catered meal during inservice. BBQ--with the sweetest, most sickening sauce ever. I had thought I'd eat some just to be polite--but couldn't force it down. Stick with it--your taste buds will change (at least mine did) and the sugar cravings will go away.

Good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 20:49

Stats: 258/214/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Thanks for your reply. Sounds like you're a teacher too. The hard part for me is I teach Foods and Nutrition, but you're right I do feel that my taste buds will change.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 00:56

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

A couple of weeks after starting Atkins, I picked up one of my 5-year-old's fries from his kid's meal and ate it. It was awful! I can't imagine that I really enjoyed them before! The thing is, now all foods like that just sound disgusting. Sure, I ever once in a while get an urge for a doughnut, but usually when I do I'm hungry, so just go get something else to eat, which works just fine.

Welcome to the forum and best of luck!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 15:52
Registered Member

Stats: 212/175/159 Male 66 inches
BF:33/23/14
Progress: 70%
Default Our future nutritionists

Wow DSoprano, a nutrition teacher who is doing the Atkins diet.

I usually get such a kick from reading articles by nutritionists exponding on the dangers of the Atkins diet. Are you able to give a fair and balanced presentation to your pupils or are you bound by a rigid curriculum that dictates the evils of fat and the joy of carbohydrates.

Maybe the future is getting brighter.

Good Luck, Johnie