Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 14:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/238/185 Male 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Newbie

Hi,

Started my new lifestyle four days ago, going to weigh myself in about four days and see how it is going. A half dozen reasons came together at the same time, one of them being a new all time high weight of 290 lbs. So I really am just barely a triple digit, 105 lbs lost as a goal. That will put me at 185 if things go well.

Following Atkins, learning as I go, sticking to induction so far as I understand it. My fitday log is: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...Owner=brownious

34 year old father of a four year old daughter. I have her six days a week, her mom watches her Saturday night to Sunday evening. So, I'm pretty busy with her, her school, my work, and everything. 105 lbs less weight to carry around will make things easier and better I think :>)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 15:14
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

1st: Welcome!
2nd: Charlie Brown is my hero! My edit suite is home to over 200 Charlie Brown thingies. I guess it is like a miniature Charles Schulz museum. Charlie and I were born the same year; I got to direct the play, You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, for TV back during New Year's eve 1969.
Good old, Charlie Brown!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 15:59

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Welcome to the TDC. I am sure you will find a lot of support here from these wonderful people. I am a single parent so can imagine how busy you are! They grow up fast, though. My daughter is 17.

Happy lc'ing!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 16:10

Plan: Atkins/W.W.
Stats: 401/299/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

Welcome to the Triple Digit Club...we have triple digits to lose (over 100+)....Look fwd to getting to know you better...
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 17:15

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%

welcome to the triple digit club. Happy low carbing to you. I'm sure your daughter will be delighted to help you stay on your plan.

HAppy low carbing to you.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 17:56

Stats: 310/288.5/135 Female 5'6 and a half
BF:too ***#* much
Progress: 12%

Hi! Just wanted to say welcome to the board. This is a great place for support, commiseration and recipes. "Laughs" Yes the recipes are VERY important. ttyl!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 18:44
Registered Member

Stats: 302/291.8/145 Female 66 inches
BF:over 50%
Progress: 6%

Browonious - Hi! You sound like a great dad! And Charlie Brown is one of my favorite people. That is so cool - and yep, you're at the right place. I just started a few days ago and feel very comfortable with my TDC support group. They're here for any need you have or to help you celebrate your successes. Good luck! Jellogirl
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 20:52
Contributing Member

Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

Hi brownious, welcome. I'm a dad too but luckily I have my DW to share things with. You are to be commended as a single parent for taking responsibility in raising your daughter.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 21:00

Stats: -/140/135 Female 5'10"
BF:All Fat?
Progress: 52%

Howdy and welcome to the wonderful LC world! I'm a mom of a 7 y/o girl who thinks she is really 16. You think that once they start talking and can clean up their own room you are home free, but you have another thing coming Back on topic... This forum is terrific and filled with wonderful advice and encouragement. Check out the recipe section, I'd be cooked, literally, without it. Good luck to you! Julie.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 22:36

BF:

Thanks for the welcome, learning more each day :>)
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 22:47

Stats: 311/216/185 Male 5" 9'
BF:
Progress: 75%

Welcome to the TDC.
I have a 3 year old grandson. When he use to visit all I ever did was sit in a big chair. Just too tired to get up and I sure could not bend down to play with him. He use to cry when ever he came over cause he did not want to be here. Now with 90 lbs gone I have so much energy and I can get on the floor with him, run and take him to the park. He just loves his new grandpa and ask to come over here all the time.
I'm sure your little girl will love the new you to. Just take it one day at a time. Your going to get so much more out of this WOL than just smaller pants.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 22:55

BF:

I bought a scale today so I can weigh myself. See how it goes next week, but it looks like I have lost 10 lbs in eight days. I can hardly believe it.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 10:08

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hey brownious: Not only welcome but congratulation on your 10 pounds lost!:yah: Is it not a great feeling to step on that scale and see missing pounds? Not that you miss them, but they are missing!!! You are doing the right thing for yourself and your little girl. Sandi J.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 19:45
Registered Member

Stats: 241/196/140 Female 64 in
BF:?????
Progress: 45%

Welcome! This is a great place to find support along your journey.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 20:02

Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Welcome! I have only been here a couple of weeks, but think it's a fantastic place for advice & support. My wife accuses me of being obsessed with reading these boards, but I find it to be theraputic. I say things here I've never -- and probably never will -- say to anyone in person.

Congratulations on your losses, and onward & downward.

-Scott