Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-01, 14:56

Plan: Dr Atkins/PP
Stats: 180/170/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Angry If we were in the Old West, I have the fastest Trigger...

Here is what over confidence will do to you.

We had a pot luck at work so I thought I am in Control and I will just eat what I brought - chicken wings, and maybe a salad then I am good for the lunch.

So 11:30 rolls around, everyone is heating up their offerings for the pot luck, so I thought I am still in control, I will skip the bread, have the insides of the Salmon Curry Roti Roll and some wings and some bean salad. No problem... then my friend brought up his home made Manicotti with Riccoto Cheese, Spinach and more cheese inside slather with Tomato sauce. Goodness, it smelled heavenly.

Being the great LC that I am , I will just take a piece and eat the insides. Big Mistake, I had a bite and next thing I know I had the whole piece, pasta casing and all.

So I thought, that's ok. I will just keep on my chicken wings and that will be ok.

Finally lunch is over, I was patting my back for passing the Sugar laden Nanaimo Bars, then it hit me. I felt super hungry and now I crave sweets, I am cranky, I am tired and I want that half a loaf of Bread sitting in the communal kitchen. Where is the second pan of Manicotti So from first bite to Super Craving - 10 minutes.

Maybe if I drink more water, these feelings will wash away.

I am so mad at myself....uggggghhhhh!!

Now that I vented I am feeling better, but I have to chain myself down to prevent my short walk to the Kit Kat Machine.

...shoot, they left the Nanaimo Bar on the counter...

Help, I am sinking fast....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-01, 14:59

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%

Tomorrow is a new day with new beginnings, and just go from there
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-01, 16:21
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Mmm. Kit Kat! My favourite chocolate bar...

We...will...survive...Argh!~

Quick! Think Happy Low Carb Thoughts. Fatty rib eye steak. Big pile of mushrooms. Cucumbers and chunky blue cheese dressing. Salmon with Hollandaise. Whipped cream. Sugar free Jell-o. Vancouver Cheesecake...

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-01, 16:24

Plan: Zone
Stats: 179/155/149
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default mmmm...

Now why did they go and invent KitKats anyway? They're just too good!

You're doing OK there girl. At least you're fighting it...

Karen, I wish I still ate cow, everytime you talk about steak my mouth starts watering.

***I feel a chicken wing fit coming on*** Must buy wasabi to go with the soy and lemon.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-01, 18:54
Forum Founder

BF:

Sarlye! Just think of yourself as Roy Rogers!

...Wait a minute. Was he the cowboy with Trigger??? Or is my memory failing again!

I've never had wings with soy, wasabi and lemon. I always opt for the suicide variety. Must try it.

Now the soy thing on cow....

Yeah, why were Kit Kats invented? Do you remember Bar Six?

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-01, 19:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default Do I remember Bar 6?

There was this Urban Legend going around when I was a kid ... it's probably still out there somewhere ...

There's this guy who goes into the downtown food fair, buys a Bar 6, sits down at a table. It's crowded, and before long another guy asks if he can share the table. Guy 2 sits down at the table. Suddenly guy 1 looks in shock - guy 2 is eating a piece of Bar 6! He puts the Bar 6 down. Guy 1 just glares, picks it up, eats the second piece, puts it down. Guy 2 gives him a funny look, picks it up, eats the third piece. Eventually the Bar 6 is gone, amidst much glaring and bad vibing. Both get up and leave. Guy 1 puts his hand in his pocket to get out his bus fare .... and there's his Bar 6.

Rachel
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-01, 19:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Sarlye, do NOT go to that Kit Kat machine! Have a low carb snack as soon as you can. As Karen says, think happy low carb thoughts ... think about how much trouble chocolate brings to the world! Remember guy 1!

Rachel
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-01, 19:33
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
There was this Urban Legend going around when I was a kid ... it's probably still out there somewhere ...

I think it got married to the Nieman-Marcus Cookie Legend...

They had a baby and named her Kit Kat.

Karen