Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 18:45

Plan: The Ketogenic Diet/Atkins
Stats: 295/200/199 Male 5' 10
BF:
Progress: 99%
Default Fitness habit challenge

They say it takes 2 weeks to form a habit and longer to break it, so this challenge is to set a pattern of exercise and do for at least a month until the end of October. (If it goes great, the challenge will be extended until the end of the year). This starts on Oct 1st (to give everyone time to check in that wants to) and is open to anyone who really wants to exercise but just can't seem to get a regular routine.

This is going to be an exercise challenge. LC is still part of it but the main goal here is to get into a healthy exercise pattern that will become a habit. That way when all the pounds are gone, we will already be in great shape!

- Cardio 4 days a week at least 30 minutes a day
- Weights 3 days a week at least 20 minutes a day (can either alternate or do on the same days as the cardio)

and the fun part on the off days:

- 2 days a week at least 30 minutes of doing something you always wanted to do but never set aside time for (learning a new language, writing, reading, playing a sport, underwater basket weaving, whatever you want it to be)

Feel free to go past the limits. I didn't want to set too high a number and then start running into time constraints. I figure we all have at least 30 minutes somewhere in each day so we can't make an excuse. I know some of you guys have already been doing a more intense routine, so as the challenge goes on, we will add more time as we get used to the schedule and keep pushing ourselves.

If no one has any complaints, a good check in day is at least every Sunday. Be sure to post here if there are any questions or successes that happen though. This will be our place to push each other and keep each other on track. This is where we will get our motivation.

Thanks to Hev for reminding me, anyone who is doing more intensive weights should probably take measurements of the areas they intend to work on since adding more muscle will weigh more than fat. This way you can still see progress even though the scale might not agree. I figure all of our clothes will be much looser by the end of this anyways.

I'll be keeping track of everything, so everyone check in here with:

- your current weight or size in inches
- your goal weight or size in inches by Oct 31st
- what activity you plan to do on your 2 off days that you never had time to do before

You ready?!

Last edited by almost : Tue, Sep-30-03 at 08:48.
Sponsored Links