Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 12:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206.2/196.0/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 15%
Question Lost 6 lbs in 3 days -- am I losing too fast?

I am new to Atkins. Today is my fourth day. In the past three days I've already lost 6 lbs. I know a lot of it is water, but that seems like a lot. I've never lost weight so fast in my life, and I've done these low carb diets before. I drink about 80 oz. of water per day. I'm eating 18-20 carbs per day while on induction. I eat about 1600 calories per day with my ratios as 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs. Is this safe?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 12:15
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Very safe and it will slow down (i'm sad to say)...

The biggest clue is how do you feel? Other then carb withdrawal, your body really should learn to be listened too.

Average weightloss is approx 10% of the amount you wish to lose during induction and then 5% of the balance of weight you wish to lose each month after.

As you get closer to goal... we tend to lose more inches then lbs but that is cool right?

Take care and congrats on your loss!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 12:49

Stats: 264/246/175 Female 65"
BF:??/47%/35%
Progress: 20%

Congratulations on your loss. I think what you're experiencing is normal and will definitely slow down (sorry to say). You will lose rapidly during your first 2 weeks of induction....I know I did. However, in week 3 I gained a # and now in week 4 have lost that pound back....hope to lose more before moving onto week 5. Don't be concerned, it looks like you're doing great!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 13:06

Stats: 350/199/180 Male 5'9"
BF:52%/ 18% /10%
Progress: 89%

Wow thats cool I hope I lost as much since we started on about the same day but I cant check till the weekend since I dont own a scale
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 20:55
Canuck Conundrum

Stats: 283/000/180 Female 5' 8"
BF:?///?
Progress: 275%

Bonzlee....

Your numbers are all perfect, you sure have a handle on what you need to do. Yes this loss will slow, yes this first drop is water, but if you stick with what you are doing...it will keep coming off.

Congrats on the great work so far!!!!

Sam