Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Did you wake up early when induction kicked in?
I woke up early on Induction 34 49.28%
I didn't wake up early on induction 13 18.84%
I always wake up early you lazy bum 22 31.88%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 05:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/215/200 Male 5ft. 10in.
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default Wake up Call on Induction???

Hey everyone, i haven't posted in a while so i figured i would ask who else has had this experience. When I first started this WOE after the 3rd day I woke up out of no where at like 6am (which I have never done in my life willingly) and i felt great, that was the beginning of my journey. I have recently been stalled so I decided to go back to induction. To my amazement once again on the 3rd day i woke up, this time at 5am on the nose and felt great. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this feeling?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 05:40
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I've always been an early riser. But now if I have caffiene in the evening, I can't even sleep an extra hour on the weekends. I'm up at 6 a.m. regardless.

Beth
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 08:14

Stats: 205/?/160 Female 66 inches
BF:Who knows?!
Progress: 53%

Not only did I find I was waking up earlier, I had more energy and I was "clearer" to wake up in the middle of the night if I need to take care of the baby (11 months.. sigh!). I noticed this a lot last night when he was up for 1.5 hours earlier this morning (around 4-5:30 ish), and I was able to come on here and think clearly... very unusual for me.

Blessings!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 09:04
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I wake up when the kids demand it. Anymore I'm so used to getting up early, I have to actually make myself sleep in if I want to.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 10:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

No more sleeping in for me. I am up at 7am-7:30am. No more sleeping in for me. When I first started induction it was 5am. I go to bed around 11pm. At night I find I am so tired by 11pm I have trouble keeping my eyes open-which was a big change because I used to toss and turn for at least an hour. I also sleep heavier now--I don't think anything could wake me up, until 7am.
angie
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 12:35

Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

What got me into early-to-bed-early-to-rise mode was when I quit smoking over a year ago. Guess getting plenty of oxygen does help one sleep better.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 12:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/182/147 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 31%

I am def sleeping less now i am low carbing. I do still tend to go to sleep fairly early but wake up in the morning really fresh instead of needing 10 cups of coffee to make me feel anywhere near awake.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 13:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%
Default I'm full of energy!!!

I am full of energy since I've been LCing. I sleep 6 hours a day. Before doing Atkins I used to be tired all of time slept 9-10 hours. I love this WOE and WOL!!!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 14:00
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork
Hey everyone, i haven't posted in a while so i figured i would ask who else has had this experience. When I first started this WOE after the 3rd day I woke up out of no where at like 6am (which I have never done in my life willingly) and i felt great, that was the beginning of my journey. I have recently been stalled so I decided to go back to induction. To my amazement once again on the 3rd day i woke up, this time at 5am on the nose and felt great. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this feeling?

I would wake up every morning at 6 am after sleeping only like 6 hours. It really sucked. In fact throughout my whole induction I felt absolutely awful. It passed though, and now I can sleep through anything .
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 15:26

Stats: 150/146/130 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 20%

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Since I started LCing, I fall asleep immediately and wake up after about 6-7 hours feeling rested and raring to go! I used to require a minimum of 9 hours of sleep before LCing, and it took me another hour to wake up after getting out of bed!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 16:44

Plan: Atkin's Nutritional Approach
Stats: 190/165/150 Female 68 inches/ 5' 8 1/2"
BF:39/32/25
Progress: 63%

I use to have to sleep 12 hours, or I'd feel like crap all day. If I got less than 12, say, 10 hour or 8 I would feel like I was going to DIE!

Now, 7 or 8 hours and I'm good.

I better never have children.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 04:17
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I was always an early waker, only now I do wake up a bit earlier since I have started eating low-carb. The only difference is, now once I wake up I don't need coffee anymore.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 06:38

Stats: 181/137/130 Female 5"7"
BF:
Progress: 86%

I used to hate mornings. My sister and her three boys live with me. I always began my day going to work feeling irritated after trying to get ready for work around 3 chattering, sometimes bickering children. I'm one of those people who like absolute quiet first thing in the morning.

Now, I'm up a whole hour and a half before the kids, and I absolutely savor that quiet time. By the time the kids get up, I'm calm and collected, and instead of grumping at them, can carry on civil conversations. Needless to say, I'm a lot happier now, and with the change in my attitude, the kids are happier too.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 07:07

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I would wake up 2 hours earlier than my normal time...in fact, I finished editing a book (my first non fiction book) with this extra time. It was pretty thrilling.
Now it's settled in so that I get to bed at midnight and up at 7 or 7:30. But it's so easy to wake up now. The hard part is my cat saying, "See how cold and rainy it is? Don't you want to sleep in?"
But my sleeping in times are less, too. More energy overall.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 09:28
Splenda Flavored

Stats: 275/247/190 Male 5' 11 1/2
BF:more than I need
Progress: 33%

I have been sleeping late and then getting up early lately. There is definately more energy going on here! I'm loving this WOL!