Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 06:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default spotted a low carber at the store

The pork rinds gave it away. . .saw those and then looked in the cart. ..eggs, cheese, salald. .. by the time I was done assessing the cart contents the owner of the art had walked up and I pratically hugged her saying "Your low carbing aren't you?" Yes she and her dh were starting that week. . .oh wow a low carb virgin! WOOHOO!!! Well you can be sure I gave her an earfull of info. . .and everytime I saw her in the store I remembered something else to say. .. I began to worry that she would think I was stalking her. redawn
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 09:51

Stats: 315/283/170 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool

"Low carb virgin" - excellent!

My sister just started low carbing this week, too. Before this, I really tried NOT to push anything lc - actually, I swung the other way and totally avoided talking about anything low carb at all.

Now, I have been just talking here ear off about lc - she's gonna really get sick of me soon!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 17:18
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

My cashier at the grocery store on Sunday looked at my groceries and told me she had lost over 100 pounds on Atkins! We had a nice chat and she told me about a local lowcarb store I didn't even know existed. I haven't had a chance to go there yet, but I plan to check it out next weekend.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 14:50

Stats: 345/345/175 Female 5feet 7inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

My hubby has been doing the shopping lately, he got in the habbit after our youngest was born, and I never encouraged him to give it up

He says the other day a cashier told him she had seen LOTS of people with carts full of the same stuff he had. She wondered what was going on. He smiled and explained about lowcarbing. Then the other day when he went, him and another lady were reaching for the porkrinds together... they looked at eachothers carts and smiled... they were both full of lowcarb stuff. They had a long talk about lowcarbing. He also directed her to this website/fourm... so hopefully she'll find her way here.

I think it's become a big trend where I live, because the Mayor of our city announced about a month ago that he'd lost 50lbs on Atkins. hehe I wonder if the store managers know what's going on, and why they keep running out of porkrinds.

Another thing, I saw an advertisment for Atkins LowCarb products on TV the other day. Was very cool, now that more of the mainstream market is being exposed to it, there should be more and more products out there to give us more variety.