Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 09:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/160/140 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Does anyone find themselves eating too much of th legal...

Stuff? I am Lc all the way ,but I find myself, on occasion, eating too much of it in one sitting. I can`t have just one slice of pizza toppings, I have to have 3. I can`t eat just a few chicken wings, I have to eat 15...lol...This is what I have to work on..what`s your weakness?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 11:08
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Yup. Whipped cream...too easy to eat a bowl instead of a "dollop"....

Nuts.....pork rinds and dip (mainly the dip, with just enough rind to pick it up..lol)

It's one of the reasons I switched to CAD, to cut the occasion of snacking, since it's not alowed (AND being able to eat a few things I couldn't on Atkins, to be honest!) Of course, I wouldn't have had to necessarily change plans to eliminate the constant snacking, but I just find it easier this way, like a "do-over"..
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 12:04

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/161/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

I find one of the benefits of getting older (50) is that I can't eat much at one sitting.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 12:13

Plan: atkins, modified
Stats: 220/170/150 Female 5'5
BF:40%/32%/20%
Progress: 71%

Soy Chips - 2 servings per bag, 9carbs per serving. I just can't have half!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 12:17

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Oh yes. I use to eat too many nuts and to much cheese. So, I have made them only occational snacks. The other day we had baked chicken I had already had one large piece of chicken and a salad. Then decided to have another large piece of chicken. I was so mad at myself. I wasn't even hungry when I ate the second piece of chicken. Usually I can catch myself before I over endulge. I try to find something to do. It gets my mind off food.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 13:28

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

It's hard learning to gain control over some of our very favorite foods. I had raspberries with cream for breakfast, and no, I didn't want to stop at 1/4 cup! LOL I think I could've eaten the whole bag!!

One thing I have found that helps with nuts and pork rinds, is to get my set amount, close the container and put the container away. Then I'll move clear into another room and sit down and leisurely eat it.

I've also noticed that only a small handful (about 1/2 oz.) of nuts is actually very, very filling. Oh yes, I was one of those who could previously sit and eat 3/4 of a can, if not more, in one sitting. Not a pretty sight!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 15:00

Plan: Atkins/M&E/HCG
Stats: 233/186/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 64%

Oh my gosh this fits me perfectly. That is why I'm fat, I can't have just one serving.

I make the cinnamon pok rinds. It's just easier to make the whole bag at once. BUT then I eat the whole bag. I had to quit buying them for a couple of weeks. I just couldn't put them down. The peanut butter cups are the same way. I can't eat just one, I eat 2 then 3 then 4. I have to throw them in the trash and not make them. I get so discusted with myself that I have to not allow myself to make something because I can't control the quantity of what I eat.

BUT Atkins had been the only "diet" that I have ever kept at. I meant I can walk past donuts, bread, cake, etc and say no. I can actually not eat that stuff. When I was lowfat dieting, I couldn't say no. Something about Atkins that has help me. It really works for me. I absolutely love this way of life.
Wow, a bit mushy. LOL

Deana
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 17:10

Plan: Custom/Modified plan...25-40 carbs per day - it's working!!
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%

I personally can't stop when I'm full...

Tonight for example, I had a huge dinner plate sized salad with feta cheese, chicken, ranch dressing, etc... and after that I felt the need to have a slice of cheese with peanut butter on it. (sounds weird, but is SO good..meunster works well, makes a great PB sandwich. Use Chunky so you dont smoosh it out from between the slices!)

Every week one of my weekly resolutions is to not eat when I'm not hunry, but I somehow always mess up on this one. Guess I cant fix every single thing every week huh? A least I realize that I do it.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 05:07

Stats: 200/160/140 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress: 67%

It`s sooooooo about behavior modification, no matter what diet you take up isn`t it?! This is the only Wol that has proven successful without irritating me and making me feel like i`m deprived of food. Food has always been such a crutch for all emotions, and i`m not sure that i`ll be able to curb that behavior anytime soon, but with this WOE I can make my mistakes and not feel like a total boob for having lost control. I have lost weight during this process, so there must be something to it.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 08:52

Plan: Atkins/M&E/HCG
Stats: 233/186/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 64%

So, it's all about behavior midification. HOW do you learn or teach yourself how to not over eat? That has always been my problem, eating when I'm not hungry, eating more than needed, or eating when I'm full.
HOW do you change it? Anyone know?

It seems imposible to be able to stay slim and healthy if one continues to eat wrong. I'm so afraid of loosing the weight but going back to my old ways. How can I change?

Deana
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 09:17

Stats: 162/141.2/115 Female 5' 2"
BF:Not A Clue!!
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by manucpa
I find one of the benefits of getting older (50) is that I can't eat much at one sitting.

I'm right there with you, Manucpa!! Turned 50 in April and I don't really eat that much either! BUT...........my overindulgence has to be CHEESE!! I've always loved cheese, but never ate it for so many years because of lowfat/lowcalorie diets that now that I have "permission" and it's legal, I just can't seem to get enough of it!!!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 09:55
Registered Member

Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

One of the rules I heared of about low carb dieting (but cannot personally verify), is that you can't gain any weight back as long as you are in ketosis.

So, if you overeat, you'll certainly gain some of the water which you have lost during the diet which could be as high as 10 pounds, but your body fat will stay the same.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 10:19

Stats: 162/141.2/115 Female 5' 2"
BF:Not A Clue!!
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel
One of the rules I heared of about low carb dieting (but cannot personally verify), is that you can't gain any weight back as long as you are in ketosis.

WOW!!! That's excellent news! I hope that's true!!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 12:21

Stats: 166/125.5/130 Female 66"
BF:24%
Progress: 113%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanaJane
So, it's all about behavior midification. HOW do you learn or teach yourself how to not over eat? That has always been my problem, eating when I'm not hungry, eating more than needed, or eating when I'm full.
HOW do you change it? Anyone know?

I think this is probably the hardest part of changing my WOE/WOL. It's hard to watch TV or read a book or do any other things like that without suddenly finding myself having a snack. What I've done is plan. I make sure I have carbs left for a snack if I'm planning on watching my favorite TV show. It may not exactly change the habit but at least I'm not eating chips and dip either!! There have been times when I didn't have any carbs left or I wasn't hungry, yet the urge was still there. Those times, I drank water. LOTS of water.

I don't know if there's any one answer that will work for all of us. I just take it as it comes and try to remind myself it took me 36 years to create these bad habits and they're not going away in a mere month or two.

Julie
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 12:40

Stats: 175/125/115 Female 5'
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by manucpa

Oh my! I wish I had this side effect to being over 50. I am 52 and can still eat like a horse! I have to be very consious of portion sizes and restrain my self to only one serving! But I think I am being successful as I am loosing the pounds albit slowly.