Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 11:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/255/210 Male 6'3
BF:
Progress:
Default Just Found The Forum

Hey all, just thought I'd get this journal thing underway.

I have been LC'ing since April on the Atkins program, currently down 58 lbs and starting to feel pretty good.

I gotta tell you that I have had a busy summer and have gone off the program numerous times, and have still had success. I was on a plateau for over 8 weeks (without losing), and pushed through and the weight dropped off, that was 17 pounds ago.

I was working out strictly 5 days a week, but after a month, I took a week off and haven't been back to the gym since (busy summer as an excuse).

Still the weight comes off, and I plan to re-focus and get back to the gym and be more strict on the plan.

To be honest my eating habits have been mostly Induction based. I've read where people have been on Induction for over 6 months, and it's been fine with me. Because of my discipline (or lack thereof) I'm not quite ready for OWL just yet.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know a bit about me and my progress. Reading pages from this forum and other success stories really inspire me to focus. Hope this work in progress can do the same.

Thanks again, and good luck!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 16:25
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hullo Tomato,

Welcome to the forum!

You're doing a brilliant job - well done!

Do post often so we can continue to cheer you on.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 16:26

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello! Glad to have you here with us! You are doing wonderful! That is a lot of weight gone! I think males are better able to still lose through cheats (in some cases anyhow.) Must be that metabloic advantage. My DH cheats pretty often and is still down 61 pounds whereas I don't cheat at all and am at the point where I just lose a pound every week or two. We are both doing great with low carbing though and that is what matters. I think you will really enjoy this forum so please, join us often!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 07:28

Stats: 310/255/210 Male 6'3
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for replying.

How long did it take you to lose your weight so far? I ask because my girlfriend is on the program as well and is having success in small doses.

She is thrilled with the plan because she very easily gets an upset stomach, and since being on the plan, it doesn't occur as much. That keeps her happy just as much as weight loss.

Any advice that can be passed on to her?

Thanks again.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 18:09

Stats: 260/235/135 Female 5' 8"
BF:57%
Progress: 20%

Hey Tomato!!
Nice to meet another Ontarian on here!!! Congratulations on your loss, and good for your g/f for joining you.
Does your g/f work out? walk?? Drinking lots of water? Men are generally better at losing fast, but it is us women that just have to bare the burden of looking good all the time! It is just so natural to us.
Keep us all posted on yours and hers success.
Cheers