Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 16:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/140/130 Female 5'7
BF:22.7%(about)
Progress: 80%
Unhappy So tell me again why I am doing this?

Okay so yes I would like to loose weight, but I have from many who are passed the induction, and they may have cheated one weekend then BAM 8 pounds, seriously I feel if I do this I will be stuck for ever in low carb hell! Going back to the induction if I have one piece or candy or maybe in a few months I want to eat dare I say patatos!!!! I know I will keep my carb in take WAY down from what it was before, but is this diet "life style" dooming me to absolute weight gain if I slip up!?!?!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 16:37
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

No, it won't. I know you aren't doing Atkins-but if you see the things you can add during Pre-Maintenance and Maintenance-you will realize that you can have many things-as long as you are moderate. For example-in PM you can have 1/2 banana or a new potato.

I have found that my metabolism must have been repaired to a large extent. I am currently in PM and have added some things back in to my meals and they haven't hurt me at all. I just don't go crazy and I don't have ANY sugar at all. No matter if I occasionally have pasta at some point-the sugar is gone for good.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 18:12

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Unless you post some stats of starting weight/current weight/ goal weight, no one can really help you. And may wonder how serious you are about sticking with a program. Be definite about which plan you are following and post questions in that forum to receive helpful answers.

No plan works unless one works to become very familiar with its principles and how to follow it. I hope you find what you need here.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 23:13

Plan: low cal,less pro. atkins
Stats: 138/130/118 Female 179 centimeters
BF:
Progress: 40%

I know why I am doing this lifestyle Meghan. But I do know something else. It can be hard when you want a piece of chocholat. I know that it is not easy to work out everyday sometimes. But ultimately, the alternative is to have an average body, or an overweight body. And then later in life to possibly have something like diabetes. You live in the US too, so you should also know how hard it is to try and eat healthily.
The meat here is different then Europe, for example, because it is injected with growth hormones. That can interfer with the thyroid and it causes a lot of people problems in losing weight and otherwise.
Cerals, like Wheaties, have hyrdonated oils as a predominant ingredient. Gronala doesn't exsist in the supermarket without 31 grams of sugar carbs.
The FDA idea of health food is laden with sodium and chemical preservatives, processed flours or empty calories.
So far, any other lifestyle of eating provides just ONe thing that the diets here do not offer. That is the unsurmounted bliss of being able to eat thoughtlessly, without thinking of your carbs, without thinking of your blood sugar, without thinking of your future. Appeasing the tastebuds with the most appealing food on earth is mentally healthy I would say, but for most people it tends to add body fat. If I sound like I am taking a harsh tone, I don't feel hostile towards you. That is just how I talk and type all the time, but really I have high hopes you will like what I am saying.
So matter over mind this time, the deciding factor that will answer your original question is:

What is more important to you...
Your health and physical attractiveness, or the doughnut from the deli?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 08:11
Registered Member

Stats: 290/257/160 Female 5'9''
BF:
Progress: 25%

I agree with the rest. You have to be willing to change your life if the program will work. And I don't mean change it for the worst. Atkins is a life change not just a "for now" diet.

Sounds like you need some major motivation. Try reading the Atkins New Diet Rev. book and buying a Atkins journal at Wal-mart. Search the fourms for information.

Mostly, ask yourself, am I really willing to do this???
Your mind set is the key to your weight loss!

Good luck and best wishes.