Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 16:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/188/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%
Talking I scored big at TJMaxx!

I got the following Davinci syrups, all sugar free, all 25.4 oz, for $5.99 each:

French Vanilla
White Chocolate (hope I can use it where it calls for regular chocolate)
Hazelnut
Caramel
Raspberry
Spiced Chai

went to both stores in town, but it was worth it for the big smile on my face!

So I guess it's hit or miss, because the one store near me didn't have anything a few weeks back. Keep trying if you need some. I called ahead to the store far from me, and they said they had caramel, but they didn't see the other 4 on the endcap. Glad I went and checked it out.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 21:02

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Wow what a find!!

I saw a lot at a TJMax the other day too but didn't get it since we already have quite a few syrups at home.

I also have the chai one though so if you know any good recipes that use it let me know!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 06:46

BF:

do you guys use pouring spouts or something? If I try to measure a spoonful, it dribbles out all over the place. if so, which and where do you get them?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 10:13

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%

oh i went to ross today, got nothing. then ran over to tjmaxx and got 2 things of spiced chai and a thing of lemon tea. id never had either of them so i was hoping they tasted good. i cleaned the shelf off though. well the lemon tea was NASTY i thought. i followed the instructions on the side for ice and water drink. BLECH! the chai...well its doable....im sure i could think of something with it. but i have 2 bottles, maybe ill take 1 back. i followed the instructions for the milkshake thing...wouldnt be so bad with a lil heavy cream...but my heavy cream has turned into this blue cheese smelling clumpyness. not supposed to expire til 9/11. hmm! i tried asking the manager when they got shipments of the syrups in and they were like, well the truck gets here at 5pm but theres not always syrups. blah. i really dont want to order offline when i can get them cheaper at the store. i need some more carmel and chocolate though....also went to ross, nothing. last time i went to marshalls and asked they looked at me like i was crazy. sorry for rambling...im going now..
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 10:25
100% pork rind free

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 215/182.5/180 Female 5 ' 10 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 93%

At Cost Plus they have a whole collection of sugar-free syrups (large bottles) for $5.99 too. They're not DaVinci brand (Torinos, maybe?) but they are sweetened with Splenda and have 0 carbs.

Cost Plus also has a nice selection of sugar-free chocolates and I bought some "all natural sugar-free" maple syrup there with 0 carbs.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 18:36

BF:

that's good to know, but I thought I read somewhere that the torani syrups had glycerin in them which is not good (but I forget why). I may be totally wrong about all this.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 15:12

Stats: 416/369/185 Male 5 ft. 8 in.
BF:
Progress: 20%

I order Davinci syrups from their web site. They also sell pumps for the bottles which are much easier to dispense. Here's a link to their site.
http://www.davincigourmet.com
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 15:17

Plan: Atkins (modified - no red meat)
Stats: 324/244/150 Female 5'6
BF:46.6%?/42/20%
Progress: 46%

I get my DaVinci's Syrups at United Grocers Cash & Carry for about $3.99 each...
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 08:28

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

I took a ride over and found some German Chocolate Cake SF syrup at Marshalls....woohoo!