Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 13:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/304/175 Male 5' 9
BF:
Progress: 26%
Cool 2 week desert

Hi Ya'll, I've been out of touch for a couple of weeks. Sept 7 will be two months since I started. First 30 days everything went great. Lost almost 40 pounds. Then I hit the wall I had 2or 3 days with chicken and fish with breading. ...Really derailed me. Findly got back on track. Go to fitness center 5 days a week. ..Treadmill for 1.25 miles at 3 mph. Upper body workout with weight machines... Findly loosing again. Hope to hit 300 by Sept 1..... by 7th at the latest. Big goal 250 by Jan. 1, 2004. When I get a new scanner I'll post a before and now picture so you wont think I'm blowing smoke.

John
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 15:25

Stats: 253/240/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Well done so far!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 15:28
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Congratulations! And I don't think anyone will think you are blowing smoke. Too many people prove time and again how well this WOE is toward gaining great health!

Go for it! But remember that this is not a race...I have seen many a person come down too fast on a program that was not sustainable and go back up almost as fast. This WOL will get you down where you want to be. Let it work with you.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 13:03

BF:

Good advise MisterE. I agree with you. For me I cannot take a casual approach to a new life. 45 years of yo-yo just about killed me! If I don't stay focused I will blow it. THat's one thing I've learned about myself. I plan to maintain this intensity even if the weight loss slows down because I've run out of time and alternatives. Maintain and sooner or later the weight has to go. When weight slows over a long period of time and I think I'll find some hidden carbs somewhere. I've got several personal friends that have had great success with Atkins and I'll be switched if I'm going to be the one that blows it. Again thanks to everyone for your words. It all helps. God Bless!!!!

John
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 13:13

Plan: Atkins / IF / High Fat
Stats: 325/320/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 3%

Congrats on your fabulous progress!!!

I for one am jealous of how quick men are able to shed those pounds!!! I too am re-starting my fitness plans and am going to the gym to do weights 3x per week. I did so much better my 1st month while I was working out.

Keep up the great work!
Can't wait to see the before & after pics - always inspiring to me!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 13:35

BF:

Thanks Melissa, Before I came home from the fitness center today, I went by Walmarts. Before I started program I was wearing 58 W slacks. Bought new belt and a pair of 48 W not knowing if I could get them on or not. Got Home and I can wear them.!!!!!! Melissa, I really believe in workouts. To leave that out is to only do half the plan. I think it makes the difference between losing or not losing. With exercising your either loosing inches or weight or both. Melissa, if your able at all, walk or use treadmill. If you must, use one that has rails for added support. My right knee has limited cartlage and is pretty tender (under docter's care) but I'm pressing on for a mile or mile & half a day and the knee is no worse for wear. Before program BP was running 180/95 with medication. Now it's 98/68 still with same medication. Let's go for it, Melissa. John

Last edited by Johnusa : Wed, Aug-27-03 at 13:37.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 18:12

Stats: 305/260/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Congratulations John! You are doing fabulous! You're an absolute inspiration for someone like me, whose only a week and half in!!!

I'm going to be joining a fitness program (curves for women) in a few days (once my DH gets home early enough so I can go w/o kids and join). I hope that I see a fraction of the wonderful results you are seeing!!!!

Congratulations!
~Jaya
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 12:48

BF:

Ooooooh new clothes John!!! WONDERFUL!!!!!

That has been my absolute favorite reward so far... fitting into clothes I haven't worn in over a year! My closet is FULL of even smaller clothes that I look forward to wearing soon!

I totally love going to the gym! If I stop going for a while then it's hard to get going again. My routine right now is walking on the treadmill for 15mins (3mph and incline of 2 or 3) Then the weights. I do bicep, tricep, chest, back, quads, calf, abudcters, adducters, glutes and then finally abs on a fitness ball. In the old days I would upper body one day and lower body the next. Right now I am happy doing full body every time. I think as I get closer to my goal I'll re-evalute my gym routine.

Tonight is my 'weigh-in' and I'm actually looking forward to it!

Keep up the great work!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 20:48
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Karen,

I'm so glad I read this thread! My CURVES has a couple of fitness balls (just to add to the variety--the owner likes bringing in different stuff) and I've thought about trying them for abs work. I'll admit, though, I've been afraid that I'd pop one! But you and I are close in weight...cool!

Jude
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 17:49

BF:

Hi Jude - I am friends with 2 fitness instructors and when our old club introduced the 'Resist-A-Ball' program I was afraid to sit on one too. They assured me that they can handle 350-400 lbs! They do a great ab workout as you can really get a full range of motion.