Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 13:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 152/152/135 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:
Default Help...during induction

hi,
i was wondering what the main thing is i should be doing to jump start losing weight during induction? is there a combination of foods you would recommend?
if you could provide some examples of breakfast, lunch and dinners during induction that helped you lose weight, i would really appreciate it. i do have hte book but appreciate real people's responses.

cheers
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 14:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

The main thing you should do is to follow the book EXACTLY. The food list for Induction IS the jump start you are looking for. Please be aware that you are only 17 pounds from goal, and congratulations for starting now instead of 50 pounds from now.

But that number (17 pounds) means that you should expect to lose 10% of that = 1.7 pounds during the 2 weeks of Induction. If you lose more, you are getting a BIG gift! The last 15 pounds to goal are going to come off very slowly and that will allow you to learn and get accustomed to the low carb way of eating.

Despite the initial big loss of Induction, low carbing is NOT a quick weight loss. BUt it is sure and good for your health.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 09:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/151/140 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 50%
Cool Hello from Texas

Hello,
I have been on Atkin's for all most 4 weeks now and I have lost 14 lbs. I followed the book and I read lots of peoples journals on here. I am not sure if ther is anything to jump start induction just stick with it 100% and you will be amazed and the results. Drink at least 8 glasses of water. If you feel hungry put it off for a while and drink a glass of water. That helped me. The ketosis strips helped me also. You do not have to use them but, they gave me a positive feeling. I knew I was losing.
Eat at least 3 cups of veggies a day. I eat salad, celery, green beans, broccoli.
Deviled eggs, summer sausage, pepperoni and sugar free jello where a big help durring induction.
Be sure to check the recipes on this site for great ideas and try to keep your food different so you do not get burned out with the same thing. You will go through withdraw and you may feel like crap but that is a good thing. That means it is working.
Well good luck God Bless
Keep in touch.
P.S. fitday.com is a great tool for counting your carbs. It is great.