Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 12:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/193/155 Female 5'9"
BF:don't want to know
Progress: 0%
Cool Suggestions please.

I have been trying to do this for awhile, but can't seem to get past the first week without something coming up.........I play paintball with my husband and friends, so we are also playing, and of course there is always the chips, pizza,snacks, beer and so forth that come after playing...............I really believe that this is a better way of eating, I just need need to be stronger..........so I have decided that this time I am really going to try..... my goal is to get down to 160 by the end of dec. we are going to Cancun for vacation......... That is about 34 pounds in 4.5 months is that possible? Any suggestions on achieving my goal?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 12:52

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Stick to the induction list of foods. Drink lots of water. Exercise. Any cheating sets you back at least 3 days, and if you want to lose 2 pounds a week for the next 4.5 months, you have to count every carb.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 12:54

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Possible yes, a good idea no. This is not a quick weight loss diet it is a way you are going to have to eat foir the rest of your life unless you want to put all those pounds back on again.

Slow down, enjoy this way of eating and be happy when the pounds fall away...because one thing is for sure - they will fall off in their own time, not according to time limits you set them!

Next time you play paintball take your own food with you...tell people you're trying to lose weight and ask them not to offer you anything you shouldn't eat.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 13:00

Plan: Dr.Atkins
Stats: 216/208.8/150 Female 65 inches
BF:mini goal 206
Progress: 11%

Hi! I've Lost 27 Lbs In 2 & 1/2 Months So It's Definitly Possible. As For Pizza & Beer, Eat Just The Toppings, You'll Be Amazed At How They Fill You Up & Someone Makes A Low Carb Beer (michelob Ultra Light I Think) Not Sure Cause I Don't Drink It I Just Know The Slogan "lose The Carbs Not The Taste!"
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 19:40

Smile

Thanks all for your reply.........I do understand that this is a life time commitment. It is just hard for me to get started, but once I get past the first 2 weeks I should be good to go I hope! I quit smoking about 2 years ago and gained 50 pounds, I have since stopped drinking regular soda (which has like 40 grams of Carbs each, and I would drink like 6 a day) to went to diet soda, and today I have chosen to try and give that up as well, I think this is going to be harder then it was when I quit smoking, soda is like water to me...........but anyway, today so far so good, only a few more hours until bed time and I will be soda free (for one day)..........

Tina, thanks for your reply, I would like to say congrats on your success! how did you get through the first two weeks,if you don't mind me asking? oh by the way we have the same name!!!!!! Do you know if drinking crystal light is ok?
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 07:36
Registered Member

Stats: 167/145/145 Male 5'6
BF:27%/23.45%/23.45%
Progress: 100%

ohhh crystal light is so much better tasting than soda! Way better!! Go get some and drink your six of them
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 11:55

Plan: Dr.Atkins
Stats: 216/208.8/150 Female 65 inches
BF:mini goal 206
Progress: 11%

Hi Tina Its Tina, He He He
It Wasnt Too Bad & I Was A 6 A Day Soda Drinker Too. After The First Few Days & The Headaches, It's Smooth Sailing, And After You See The Weight Loss After The First Week, Trust Me, Thats All The Convincing You'll Need. START A JOURNAL & WE'LL KEEP YOU IN LINE!

Last edited by tinaninea : Sun, Aug-17-03 at 11:57.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 12:23

Stats: 193.5/179.5/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 32%

If you can make it past the first 2 weeks, you will be amazed at how the temptation for snacks is gone. I have been on Atkins for 6 weeks now, and have not cheated once! I do have an occasion beer (Michelobe Ultra - 2.8 g) Unfortunately, my weight loss has been a little slow due to eating the lc bars and shakes (which I have since quit). But, the cravings for snacks and sweets are gone. I was really addicted to chips and salsa and LOVED my sugar and creamy sweets. Just stay focused on your goal and you will do fine.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 12:39

Well guys day one done..............YEAH..........But I did go get a diet caff. free coke, is that ok? I know whats the point if all the good stuff is out!..............LOL....................Well I am off to the movies to see S.W.A.T...............have a great day all......................
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 17:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 216/205/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 18%

Maybe pack some of your own allowable snacks for paintball day. I know paintball fighting is pretty physically tiring. It would probably be best for you to have lots of water and protein. You could pack some salami and cream cheese, or celery and cream cheese (personally I don't like this one) Maybe find some low carb chips. Don't know how good they are though. Hang in there you can make it. Just keep envisioning yourself on the beach in Cancun!