Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 20:18

Plan: Healthy Eating
Stats: 200/193/170 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Oh What a Relief It Is!!

Hi everybody!

Ok, so today I ended up at my Dr's because I've been having some pain in my right kidney during the night (I'm on Prinivil-blood pressure medicine for spilling protein in my pee and this medication helps protect the kidneys). And I'm scared to death because I'm not sure what his reaction is gonna be as to me doing low carb.

Well, before he even came into the room, I was talking to his nurse and found out that she, along with a few other people in the office (including another Dr.) are all low carbing and we started swapping stories, etc.

So the Dr comes in and we talk about my kidney problem (getting tests done, etc in the next few days) and I mention that I'm off my Glucophage because I'm low carbing and it made my sugars too low. He just says "hmmmmm, ok" and went and scribbled onto my chart (lord only knows what it says). I guess he can't really fight it being that most of the people in his office are doing it.

So I was kind of relieved in a way, plus now I feel more "secure" knowing that he knows what I'm up to.

I'm also excited that he took me off the Prinivil for a couple of months to see if the pain goes away. The best part will be to see if these pills are what is causing me not to lose. 48 DAYS and only 5 pounds with NO cheats!!!!!

BUT................Today I wore a pair of shorts that I haven't worn in 3 years before my son was born. So I am definitely losing inches and I feel great!! (minus this kidney pain).

Thanks for listening...I am so glad I've got a Dr who isn't gonna fight me on this one. Now....if only my Nephrologist agrees the next time I see him.

Have a great night!!
"T"
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 20:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Congratulations and continued good luck!