Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 15:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default New Member from Illinois

I've been reading lots of posts and journal entries in this forum and I'm looking forward to participating. I'll be on vacation from Aug 3-10 but when I get back I hope to keep a regular journal. I started this new WOE in mid May with the hope of getting into some shorts and capris that were too tight, by vacation time, and I succeeded. That was a really motivating goal, because I could try them on and see progress. (I don't have a scale at home and have only weighed myself about 4 times since I started).

I have plenty of tight clothes around the house, in all sizes, to use as future goals.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 15:15

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Have a great vacation. Congratulations on those 21 pounds lost!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 15:16

Plan: CALP/Schwarzbien
Stats: 212.5/192/172.5 Female 5' 8
BF:
Progress: 51%

Hi Quest,

Welcome to the forum! Isn't this place great?

Congrats on your great progress so far.

I am just like you, I have clothes from size 9 to 22, clothes in boxes that I haven't worn since I was 20, 19 years ago. I have given alot away to GoodWill, but always save my favorites and can't wait to fit into some of these some day. No plans to fit into that size 9 pair of paisley blue jeans, but there are a few size 12 & 14's somewhere!

Have fun on your vacation!

deb
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 18:12
Synchronicity Alert!

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 200/194.2/160 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi Quest!

You are doing so great!

I went through a phase where I decluttered all my smaller clothes. But, I have picked up a few choice items at garage sales in smaller sizes to aspire to.

I have been giving the clothes that I out grow to my sister in law, and some to goodwill too. It's such a motivating thing to say goodbye to size 22, and size 20, and size 18. I am working in a single pair of size 16 stretch jeans...thank goodness for washing machines!

I've been buying off the clearance racks--one size smaller than I am now. Some of the things that I thought would be too small have fit me right away....some are powerful motivation!! Some, like the frisky little undies that I found, are a real boost to my self esteem!

I used to buy my clothes wayyyyyyyyyyy too big...thinking that my weight wouldn't show. What a joke that was! I looked big and sloppy instead of smaller like I planned.

I think I will set aside a certain amount (maybe $1) for every day it takes me to reach goal. And then I will invest the $ in classy, perfect pieces. You know, one of those wardrode capsules where 5 pieces make 153 (or whatever) perfect outfits that can take you from formal to backyard BBQ!

Enjoy the journey!

Chris

Last edited by 2Short : Thu, Jul-31-03 at 18:14.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 21:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/231/148 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Hi Nieghbor.... I too am from the Chicago area, Bradley/Bourbonnais to be exact. Are you anywhere near? I was successful on this woe 3 years ago but gained back half the weight (45 of 81 lbs) in the last 2 years. This is my 5th day back on. I feel great and I'm determined to get there and stay slim. I was a size 12 last summer. This summer 20/22 tops and smaller bottom. I was looking through last year's clothes tonight and while I won't get into them for this summer I will get into my winter size 12/14. This forum helps. I check the posts each night. It really helps. Hope you have a great vacation. Since we are nieghbors I am going to try to put you on my buddy list. First time doing this so if it doesn't work hope you will contact me from my posting. Good job on getting into those smaller clothes!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 03:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hi Terrysgirl,
I am at the opposite end of Chicagoland, near Libertyville! (Probably two hours from Terry!).

Thanks for all the replies. I laughed at the blue paisley pants. I have some size 14 striped cropped pants from 1985 that for some reason I have kept as an icon of one of my lowest adult weights (around 130).

Last edited by Quest : Fri, Aug-01-03 at 03:25.