Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 15:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/181/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Day 3, & Cheated, Need advice

Guys did I mess up?
Breakfast: Decaf Coffee, with Atkins Banana Nut Bread.
Lunch: Salad and 10 Mexican fresh potato chips
Dinner: Jello

I am on day 3 of induction, gosh it is killing me. 10 chips, per Fitday are 16 carbs.

Need advice.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 15:26

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 353/298.5/199 Male 6'2"
BF:No Idea
Progress: 35%

squiroga01,

I don't know if those chips will do much to your system. But what really has me concerned is the rest of your diet. Please tell me that your are eating more than that a day?

You should be eating 10-12x your goal weight. Which means you should be eating between 1350-1600 calories. I'm guess that you dont even have 1000 calories there?

Add more food.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 15:27
Registered Member

Stats: 166/157.0/130 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Well it looks like you're over 20g of carbs, but maybe not by much...although I think the Atkins bread has a few grams, and salad has a few grams as well. You may not be over by much.

I guess my only concern here is that you don't have much protein/fat on this menu at all. You have to eat your protein and fat for the whole lipolysis thing to work. That's the point of the diet! When you burn up all of your carbs on potato chips you don't leave many for the good stuff (i.e. real cream, good veggies, cheese...).

If you're looking for something salty that's still good for Induction, you may try snacking on some pork rinds. I know they sound gross, but I do think they taste good, especially if you get the spicy flavor.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 15:29

Stats: 181/181/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

The Bread has 2 gram of Carb. It's a meat salad with Ranch dressing and cheese only.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 15:33
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I agree with adding more food at your dinner meal. As for the cheat, let it be and start anew tomorrow (no chips!)
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 15:34

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

Um pork rinds, think I will go munch. I never liked them either, but they took the place of the HC chips.
Eat, eat, eat your meat and fat on a daily basis...Soon you will not want that junk food anymore. Be good to yourself and just pick yourself up and try again. Good Luck....
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 15:42

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiroga01
Guys did I mess up?
Breakfast: Decaf Coffee, with Atkins Banana Nut Bread.
Lunch: Salad and 10 Mexican fresh potato chips
Dinner: Jello

I am on day 3 of induction, gosh it is killing me. 10 chips, per Fitday are 16 carbs.

Need advice.

First, congrats on starting this new WOE It has been great for me these past 4 weeks.

1) I don't think you're eating enough.
2) I don't think you're eating enough of the right things. On induction, you should be eating plenty of protein and even more fat.
3) You didn't say which kind of Jello, but the sugar kind obviously isn't good on this plan.

On Induction, I'm not sure about the banana nut bread. I made that last weekend for my sis (we had muffins) but we finished induction that day. On induction you should try to stick to the list of "acceptable foods" in the book (you can also find them on the atkins website if you don't have it).

You should start a journal to track your menus and progress, it has been really motivating for me. Also, looking at other people's journals can give you an idea about what kinds of stuff you can eat that you might not have thought of yourself.

Oh yeah, and read the book! I finally bought it last week and am very glad

Good Luck!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 13:08
Registered Member

Stats: 233/205/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Even though there are low carb quick breads and sweets out there when you're on Induction, you are trying to break the cravings for those high carb foods. I haven't eaten bread since March 20th when I started.
I think the Atkins bread mixes are for later levels of your dietary journey.
I didn't even try the low carb candy or bars until I was through with Induction. You should stick to meat, cheese and the vegies those 14 days of induction. Use sugar free Jello and heavy whipping cream w/ Splenda as your dessert.