Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 17:54

Plan: Zone
Stats: 151/144/135 Female 5'9"
BF:19
Progress: 44%
Talking calling on ZoneCoach once again

(Sorry for boring any of the Zoners. I tried to send this as a private message but it contained too many characters.)

Hey ZC,

How’s it going? Good I hope. I have some interesting news. I have decided to join the FAME Fitness Model Search in Canada. It will take place next March and May. I am going to go to the one in March just to see what it’s like, then join for the May show.

It’s basic modeling in 3 rounds, bikini, gym clothes, then evening wear. They judge you on an individual basis rather than against your teammates. I need to get my butt in gear and I thought by joining this fitness model search it would help motivate me. If I like it and enjoy it I might go on to take classes w/ a choreographer and enter the big shows. I have to take one step at a time.

My question for you is involving diet and exercise.

I am basically going to try to stick w/ (as I usually do) all favorable foods for the next 9 months while I train, but I have some questions.

1. Can I still use high fiber bread in moderation and still get the results I want? (2 pieces of bread = 19grams of carb, 5 gr of Fiber)
2. Should I eat more greens instead of fruit for my carb blocks, or will I see the same results as long as I am keeping within the Zone?
3. Should I avoid low fat cheeses or can I still enjoy this as I do now in moderation?

Regarding training.

I currently am doing a body slit 3 days a week, back-bi, chest-tri, legs-shoulders. I train abs on the opposite days along with cardio 3 days a week. I usually rest on Sunday. I was considering following this split for 6 weeks. Then change the lifting routine to a full body circuit training 3 days a week, still keeping w/ the cardio and abs on the opposite 3 days. Then for the following 6 weeks go back to a body split, etc. To keep my body guessing, ya know?

In your professional opinion do you think that sounds like a good idea?

Thank you for your help with this. I sure am excited to get started.

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 14:01

Stats: 151/129/128 Female 5'4"
BF:17.5%
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Hey ZC,
How’s it going?
Very well, thank you! Busy!
Quote:
I have decided to join the FAME Fitness Model Search in Canada.
That sounds very exciting and fun!
Quote:
My question for you is involving diet and exercise.
I am basically going to try to stick w/ (as I usually do) all favorable foods for the next 9 months while I train, but I have some questions.
I honestly don't think it necessary for YOU to go to that extreme at this time.
Quote:
1. Can I still use high fiber bread in moderation and still get the results I want? (2 pieces of bread = 19grams of carb, 5 gr of Fiber)
2. Should I eat more greens instead of fruit for my carb blocks, or will I see the same results as long as I am keeping within the Zone?
3. Should I avoid low fat cheeses or can I still enjoy this as I do now in moderation?
I'd be on the prowl for another bread with more fiber (check out Natural Ovens), but there's nothing wrong with what you've got. RE: #2 & 3 - More greens are always a good thing, however, for now, I'd say you're doing things right. You're going to need the extra energy to train hard and build up some muscle (you'll probably get to a 1:1 ratio knowing you). Then, about 12 weeks out start thinking of going more extreme to get cut - if that's what you want. We can chat off line about that.
Quote:
Regarding training.
I currently am doing a body slit 3 days a week, back-bi, chest-tri, legs-shoulders. I train abs on the opposite days along with cardio 3 days a week. I usually rest on Sunday. I was considering following this split for 6 weeks. Then change the lifting routine to a full body circuit training 3 days a week, still keeping w/ the cardio and abs on the opposite 3 days. Then for the following 6 weeks go back to a body split, etc. To keep my body guessing, ya know?
Absolutely! Guessing is a good thing and you know how important it is to change things up. There's a great book out there called Sculpting Her Body Perfect that might be a good program for you. There's 3 stages, and for what you will be doing, they're applicable.
Quote:
Thank you for your help with this. I sure am excited to get started.
You're welcome. You go!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 17:15

Stats: 151/144/135 Female 5'9"
BF:19
Progress: 44%

Thanks ZC,

I am going to look into the bread!

I will also keep you posted on the show the closer it gets.

Lisa