Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 13:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 158.5/158.5/125.0 Female 5 ft 2in
BF:
Progress:
Default yo-yo dieting

This is my first time posting here and I've spent some time looking over messages. I was wondering if there was anyone else who is having my particular problem because you see I've lost 70+ pounds LCing.......3 different times over the past 5 years!! I also lost 80 pounds on Jenny Craig in 1990 so I guess that makes it 4 times. I know it's horrible for my body to do this and I want to stop. The problem is I can lose weight great....I just can't keep it off. I reached my goal weight (this last time) of 125 mid January 2003 and as of today I weight 158.3. I started losing weight this last time in July of 02. I weighed 198. I thought I'd learned my lesson from regaining the weight 2x before. (Both times I got pregnant and I thought that gave me a license to eat. I'm not pregnant this time but it's coming back anyway) What frustrates me more than anything is that I went from July 02 to January 03 without any problem cheating....even through THanksgiving and Christmas. Since January, it's been an uphill battle. I must have restarted induction to get things back under control at least 20 times. I haven't lasted more than a few weeks at best. I lost 6.5 pounds the week before July 4. Th ought I was good to go then totally lost it ;from July 4 to yesterday. 10 pounds gained since July 3!!!! Total non-stop gluttony!! OK, enough about the past. I teach and I have 2 weeks until I go back to work and another week until the kids return. I have to fit back into some of my work clothes by then because I'm not buying new ones!!! As it is, they'll have to be some of my bigger clothes that I didn't get rid of. I have 33.5 pounds to lose. My goal it to have it off by my daughter's birthday on October 28th. Even through all my pigouts, I've kept my exercise pretty regular. I walk 3 miles almost everyday. My minigoal is to have 10 pounds off by August 4th when I return to work. If anyone who reads this has had similar problems keeping weight off, I'd love to hear from you for some encouragement!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 13:28
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome back! Do you use fitday to plan your menus? I would seriously consider keeping a journal either here or on paper - might be a good way to see what is tripping you up and what may trigger your binges. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 13:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 158.5/158.5/125.0 Female 5 ft 2in
BF:
Progress:

I've been looking around the site and just read about fitday.com. I'm going to look into it. I agree journaling would be very good for me since, no surprise, I'm a very emotional eater. It makes me feel great. My biggest problem is I get tired of constantly planning what I'm going to eat and what I'm going to have to NOT eat. I rebel and stick my head in the sand until reality hits me in the face (or my bigger butt!!) Enough whining.... thanks for your message. Look forward to posting my weight loss over the next few months!!