Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 20:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/202/175
BF:29%/25%/??%
Progress:
Default Ultra Carb Blocker

Anyone know anything about this product which supposedly blocks carbs that you eat? It seems kind of hokey but I wanted to see what others knew about it. Thanks! Dan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 02:59
Contributing Member

Stats: 216/210/195 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 29%
Post brain blocker..

I've heard about this one on TV but I'm even too skeptical to find out what kinda gimmick this really is.

Just think.. eat a pill and eat like a pig. sound familiar? sure, because this is'nt the first idea like this. fat blocker pills have been around for years now.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. (my grandmother told me that one)

The BEST carb blocker available is YOU. Don't eat carbs and you won't have to worry about "blocking" any... lol. Besides, we can have carbs.. just not in the form of junk food.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 05:46
Renaissance Man

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 298/197.5/185 Male 66 inches
BF:26.08
Progress: 89%
Default I got some by mistake

when LowCarb outlet sent me somebody else's order and reading thelabel they only claim to block up to 30-35 carbs and you have to take two pills about 30 minutes before eating the carbs.
Since I am not sure how to test them, I haven't tried the ones I got for free.
I was going to try to get away with finally having a Margarita but I am frankly leary of them not working. I did take two of them one day (without eating anything 30 minutes later) and did not notice a single change in anything so at least they are probably not poisonous.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 06:29

Stats: 215/202/175
BF:29%/25%/??%
Progress:

I figured it was a typical diet hoax and if there was anything to it I would have heard about it on this board. I know how you feel about the margarita. I've been jonesin' for a Subway club sandwich. Funny, I used to think these were the way to go with "6 grams of fat or less". Cheers.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 08:09
Contributing Member

Stats: 236/196/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

It's just the modern version of the "snake oil salesman." The bottom line is that they don't work.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 08:18

Stats: 165/165/135 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%

http://www.ultimatefatburner.com

Saw this link earlier this morning. This site has some info on various "potions", including carb blockers and hydroxycut.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 08:48

Stats: 185/155/130 Female 5'3"
BF:clueless...
Progress: 55%

...if you ask me, all these products are phoney...if you have a good photo program on your computer you can make anyone look skinny who was fat before...i got suckered into buying that "leptroprin"...you know, the one they advertise ..how can a product cost 159.00 dollars? ...because it works! bull shit...it mde me sick and constipated and i didn't lose a single ounce...just my 159.00!

i know there are products you can take from prescription that are anorextic (sp) but i call them "speed." you'll lose weight alright, and also gain an addiction!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 10:26

Plan: Primal
Stats: 132/125/120 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default They work

Hi everyone.

I was also very leary about this product but figured, what the heck, and tried them when I went out of town for a weekend. I took two pills 30 minutes before eating, and had dinner at Olive Garden. Breadsticks galore, potatos in my soup, the whole nine yards. I was curious if these pills actually worked so I made sure and tested with the Ketostix consistently. The next morning I was still in Ketosis, and never left. I was a lighter shade of pink, no doubt, but still in commission.

So I was curious how they worked. Apparently they do *not* give you a license to eat at will, and they do not work if you overuse them as your body builds resistances to it. And it also does not cover sugar carbs. Only starches. So if you are going to have bread, pasta, rice, etc... it works for that. Not for cake or other goodies, unfortunately.

Anyway hope that helps.

Tangie
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 11:45
Contributing Member

Stats: 216/210/195 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 29%
Smile great link

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexa
http://www.ultimatefatburner.com

Saw this link earlier this morning. This site has some info on various "potions", including carb blockers and hydroxycut.

Thanks for posting this link! It's really informational and I'm having a good time with the suppliment reviews.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 11:47
Registered Member

Stats: 191/168/120 Female 5'4
BF:losing 50 in 2004
Progress: 32%

Im also a subway club person but I found a really good sollution to that... a subway club salad... they have the best salads in the world...
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 12:26

Plan: Moderated Atkins
Stats: 160/148/142 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi. I am also very skeptical about those kinds of drugs, but friend of mine tried them for a week and gain few pounds. I think everything is so individually.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 20:04
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%
Unhappy Save your money!

I tried them.. and got barking gas in return!

To be scientific, I also used Ketostix to track myself. Sure enough, I dropped a bit, but they still turned pink. To be REALLY scientific, I waited about a week, until they were dark purple once again. I proceeded to have a 30 gram cheat just like I did when I took them.

Guess what? I dropped a bit.. to the exact same color, for the exact same number of days!

I guess a cheat is a cheat, and if I don't gain any benefit fro spending a lot of money other than a stomachache and a cloud of stench, I'll keep my money.