Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 03:39

Plan: Atkin's Diet
Stats: 260/247.5/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Cool THe "New Kids" on the Block From Alaska

My husband, and my self started Atkin's on June 30th, 2003. We have been doing pretty well. We are guilt free for 12 days. He has lost 9 lbs, and I have lost 12.

We have been trying a lot of different recipes I have found on the net, and I just ordered a whole case of low carb tortillas so, we can eat our favorite food Tacos, and Nachos.

I have not read the whole Atkins book, however, I have peeked in what I thought was the most important part, and printed the Induction part so; we could use it for our plan.

I need to lose 87 more lbs, and hubby wants to lose 21 more lbs. I think it will take me longer then it will take him.

We gave up our Diet Pepsi, and Diet 7 up, and now love Diet Rite Cola’s.
I have found a couple great dessert recipes too help the sugar cravings, and I made pancakes the other day that came out wonderful.
I try to make a good dinner every night, and have to make my husband lunches every night too eat at 2 or 3 am, and this is real hard any ideas would be great.

Also I really would love to know the best low carb, no sugar (accept for Splenda) Brownies I can make.

Well that is a little bit about us we are looking forward to chatting with everyone, and helping support everyone to get to their goal. Good Luck to everyone...
Start- 6-30-2003
Mine- 260/247.5/160
Hubby 232/223/200

Have a Great Day

Debbie

"Freedom Is Not and Never Has Been Free"
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 04:21

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

hi and welcome to the forum.you,ve both done great on you weightloss so far.there is some lovely recipes in the recipe section, check it out and good luck on your continued success.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 04:40

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi Debbie

Welcome to this forum. You and your hubby are both doing brilliantly so far.

May the rest of those pounds come off as smoothly.

Every success.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 14:38

Plan: Atkin's Diet
Stats: 260/247.5/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default Thank you so much Anne

Thank you for the Welcome, and the words of Encouragement. It looks like you are doing wonderfully too.

Maybe we can support each other on this adventure.

Debbie

Start- 6-30-2003

260/247.5/160
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 07:40

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Welcome, Deb!

Welcome, Deb and hubby!

You've done your homework by familiarizing yourself with Atkin's way of eating (WOE) & way of life (WOL). Sounds like you've gone off induction now. You're fortunate to have support so close at home. Many don't have that.

What are you setting as your daily carb limit? I'm still at 20 g. since April and it suits me just fine. You'll find so many recipes out there to help you eat as much as you need to be full, and stay within the limits.

In case you haven't yet, go to the top of this page and click on reader's recipes. I discovered on my Day One that we can go to the Atkins forum listed under the Active Low-Carber Forums(Not the same one as on the top of the page). Tons of support! Ask any questions, comments, etc. The people here are phenomenal! Funny, honest, and all in the same boat!

Deb here is a buddies' link if you're interested in joining. We're always open to more friends joining. I wouldn't trade the support there for all the ice in Alaska! LOL
We try to check in with each other a few times each week. They seem to be the same statistics where you are right now too...
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...242#post1204242

There are other buddy pages too, so look around. Lots to digest, so enjoy the adventure and support.

Hugs, Annie-Pie

Last edited by Annie-Pie : Tue, Jul-15-03 at 07:42.