Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 11:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/143/130 Female 5'8"
BF:25%/23%/19%
Progress: 43%
Default Pills (like CarbArrest)

Someone suggested to me that if I plan to cheat once in awhile, I should take something like Carb Arrest. Has anyone tried it? If so, how often do I take it and how many pills?

And I'm also wondering if there is anything better than Carb Arrest that I don't know about? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 16:36

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

There was an article posted, I believe in the news forum, about carb blockers, etc. I think it was on MSN or some other news site...not sure, but it seemed to indicate that they blocked between 60% and 70% of carbs. The gist of it was that they would not help on their own, but could be a useful aid. Was a very interesting article, particlarly since I thought they were all pretty much useless.

L
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 16:53

Stats: 213/213/150
BF:
Progress:

I've bought carb blockers too, but then after I bought them realized that my body will probably produce insulin if I eat carbs period, no matter whether they are (blocked) digested or not. It will still signal the same process of insulin/glucose reaction, won't it?

I'm curious about this too, this is just my thought....