Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 23:51

Plan: low carb & Atkins
Stats: 318/296/195 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default The numbers game..

Here are some numbers I was playing with this eveing:

1) 2 years ago I weighed 285lb (Im 5'11")
2) Started Atking (finally got the book) on May 1st at 251lb
3) today I am at 227lb
4) my next mini goal is 215.5 which will get me out of the obese classification (MBI of 30)
5) For a BMI of a "normal" body I need to be at most 180lb
6) I want to lose 47lb by end of this year
7) Between now and december 31 I need to lose 8lb a month, or 2lb a week......every week...

Is losing 8lb per month a realistic goal?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 04:33
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Two and a half pounds a week? Hmmm I would love to be able to do that! Actually some times I fall just short of it. My weight loss seems to average between 5.5 lbs and 7 lbs a month. Got tired of the week to week numbers not moving fast enough so I started tracking month to month instead

A man can lose faster than a woman so two pounds a week is do able. But you will always have times when it moves slower than that. On the upside there will be times when you can whoosh! I to am aiming to be at my goal for Christmas. This is my present to myself! When I started it seemed like I had so much to lose, and that date soooo long away.

You are off and running, relax and enjoy yourself and all you sucesses along the way! Even when that dam scale seem to be running slower and slower, remember you are lighter than a month ago!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 05:42

Plan: starting over.. again
Stats: 194/173/150 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Thumbs up wow

you have done great! how come you don't include your original weight?... no matter what plan you lost it on it is an accomplishment you should be proud of.
as folks lose more weight the weight loss sometimes slows down. i am with mary, just focus on you are lighter now than you were before and keep up the great great work!

-catherine
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 08:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/197/170 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 66%

It could quite possibly happen, with the exception of the last 10 lbs or so. Those last few could take a FEW months to lose. I'll bet with devotion that you could get pretty darn close to that, though. You've done GREAT so far! I'm so proud of you!!

~Angi~