Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 18:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/238/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Help... Haven't lost a pound

I have been following the Atkins diet since April 28th. I haven't lost any weight (haven't gained any, either) My husband, who started this diet with me has already lost 17lbs. What could be wrong? I am so depressed, please help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 10:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/185/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 27%

Can you show us your menu?? Have you checked out fitday.com ? They really help calculating the carbs you've eaten daily and lots of other goodies too...Remember now men seem to lose faster...but I can't understand your no-loss at all I would have to see what you eat to get an idea...
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 08:25

Stats: 163/146/140 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hi! I started about the same time as you, my hubby is down 20lb, me? just the initial 5lb loss, then nothing! :So I am going to watch this thread just to see if you get any good ideas, and I will act on them. I have been using the fitday and are at 16 - 20 gms. Anyway, good luck, we will just have to keep on going
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 11:40

Stats: 202/185/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 27%

Ok well I'm now 3 days off from my whole month on atkins and I've lost so far 9 pounds and the first 5 were pretty easy then I had some stalling with Tom etc....then something strange happened I started exercizing, walking, small weights and still nothing happened and then I get sick some kind of stomach virus but I went one entire day without eating sort of a "sick fast" and now it's 2 days later and I'm dropping much more rapidly so I don't know if it was the exercize or the fast but I feel so much better! Some people do fasts when they start stalling and trust me I wouldn't want to do it again for awhile but some how it helped boost my system. I also dropped luncheon meats and sugar-free jello I think those are definite stallers...Good luck and don't give up
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 13:57

Plan: my own
Stats: 138/134/125
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Re: Help... Haven't lost a pound

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack'sGirl
I have been following the Atkins diet since April 28th. I haven't lost any weight (haven't gained any, either) My husband, who started this diet with me has already lost 17lbs. What could be wrong? I am so depressed, please help.
what are you doing for exersice, that might have something to do with it !
grimmace