Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/225/195
BF:
Progress: 29%
Question Exercise

Do most of you exercise, too? If so, with what frequency?

Last edited by twindad : Mon, Jun-09-03 at 11:29.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:42
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I have a water arobics class 3 times a week, though recently I've been bad and only gone twice a week. I also hit the eliptical machine and weights on days I do make it to the gym. Occasionaly I will use tapes at home, or grab the kids and go for a family walk.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Cool yup...

I walk 2.5+ miles, 4-5 times per week first thing in the morning...

...to maximize fat burn. Plus I lift weights.

Confess tho that I lost 75lbs without exercising at all. But after that the urge kicked in and I've been unstoppable since. BTW, DANRD states that if you're not exercising, you're not getting the full benefits of the program...

For those that aren't much into exercising, I suggest starting small and focusing on consistency and keeping a schedule that works. Then build on that...

Donald
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 12:26

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%
Thumbs up Definitely!

It makes all the difference in the world in how I look and feel. Plus of course it makes you lose weight faster and maintain lean body mass while losing fat. Walking is a good place to start.

From my gym log:
My new weekly exercise plan is as follows:
upper body weights (with extra for rotator cuff) 2x/week
lower body weights 2x/wk
cardio 20-60 min 3x/week
Pilates mat class or video 1-2x/week
yoga class or video 1-2x/week

Jen
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:08

Plan: PP
Stats: 210/210/160 Male 5' 7"
BF:31%/31%/24%
Progress: 0%

I didn't exercise for the first six weeks I low-carbed. I figured I was putting my body through enough stress as it was. Then, I started with the treadmill, completely level, going 2-2.5 mph, for 20 minutes, 4x/week. I built up my duration and intensity for six weeks, then started some day hiking every other weekend. At that point, I had so much extra energy that I had to work it off somehow. I recently started weightlifting, using the SuperSlow method, starting at low weights. I've most recently added in more extensive stretching -- morning, before workouts, and before bed.

Yesterday, I was going a little stir crazy, and went to a local reservoir to walk it off. Last summer, I couldn't go more than halfway around before having to turn back. Yesterday, I went the whole way around in just under an hour. No world's record, but a personal milestone for me.

I'm not fit yet, but I'm aiming for it. I enjoy moving, and unbelievably, sweating!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 16:12

Plan: SBD
Stats: 209/173/150 Female 5'7"
BF:40.9%/33.5%/23%
Progress: 61%
Cool Exercise

I lift weights twice a week, upper and lower body, I do free weights one day and the circut the next. I walk 3 miles a day fast paced, 6 days a week followed by a few lower body excercises at home and crunches. Lastly I walk about 1 mile in the evenings with my husband about 4 times a week, just to get him out and moving. I've lost 39 pds since March 1st and I began working out about the same time.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 09:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%

Went from "Ooh, sweat is icky!" three months ago to "I can't wait to work out!" now. We have a Bowflex, so I can lift at home. Lift four times a week (back and shoulders, chest and arms, one day off), abs three times a week, walk five days a week. The route that took me twenty-five minutes in February now takes fifteen, and I can chat with my husband even going up a hill. I have limited walking options in my neighborhood and they're no longer challenging, so this week we started running up at the local school. Exercise makes a huge difference in how fast you burn fat, and toned muscles look much better than soft muscles.